• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bulk Rubs and injections for big cooks

DR

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Where can you buy rubs in bulk that don't break the bank or is it easier to just make your own. My buddy has a huge party in the spring that we feed about 200 people and i am going to help him cook it this year. But i don't want to spend a ton of money on buying rubs and injections.

So what do all of you that cook for big crowds use?

salt and pepper always work

you can buy bulk rubs from all sorts of places, like Big Pappa Smokers for one

• Thanks
Reactions: DR
When I did large scale cooks I used to buy 25lb boxes or 50lb small cardboard drums.

When buying in bulk the famous brand name is not important as most are done through a co-packer. While you may not get the exact rub due to non-disclosure and trade secret agreements, but you will still get a great rub, you're just not paying for the brand recognition.

You can try:
River City Spices
125 East Ash
Blytheville, Arkansas 72316
(870) 763-6392
http://www.rivercityspice.com/printorderform.html

I only purchased about 10 times since Red passed away, but his son still runs the business.

If you are using smaller amounts most rubs like Oakridge will sell in large 5 lb bulk bags, sometimes you have to ask.

• Thanks
Your are looking at about 2 case of butts. Assuming there will be other sides. Google Chris Lilly pork injection. The rub receipe will show as well. Both are basic, simple, and great!! Good luck. No need to buy commercial stuff.

• Thanks
Check out Big Ron's Rub's he sells in bulk for a great price and free shipping. He's also one of the brethren vendors! So its win win. I'd give his orginal a shot on the pork.

Enjoy
Clint

• Thanks
Back