Your forgotten smoker

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
So many of us have multiple cookers. Some we use all the time. Others are specialty units for specific occasions. What about the forgotten smokers?

I haven't used my wsm in about 2 years, ever since i bought the stick burner. Just sits there. Im thinking about giving it to a friend whos new to bbq.

So does anyone else have a forgotten smoker?

So many of us have multiple cookers. Some we use all the time. Others are specialty units for specific occasions. What about the forgotten smokers?

I haven't used my wsm in about 2 years, ever since i bought the stick burner. Just sits there. Im thinking about giving it to a friend whos new to bbq.

So does anyone else have a forgotten smoker?

Well I have a new cooker on the way. That will make 3 smokers. I was thinking about this the other day! The WSM will always have a job, especially in the winter. Almost have to say its time to get rid of the brinkmann. Gonna be hard because smokers and bbq isn't in high demand here. Might give a buddy a good deal on it.

I have a pile of cinder blocks, a piece of sheet metal and an old oven grate I haven't put together and cooked on in a while.

My 18" Weber kettle was forgotten for a long time. Started firing it up when I needed extra room and now I use it pretty regularly as an accessory grill.

My barely modded NBBD. Having a steady supply of wood, isn't always feasable. Hoping to change that, real soon.

Matt

My wife just gave my Chargriller offset to my daughter and her boyfriend it was useless out on the prairie in the wind.they are grilling on it. Now it won't be forgotten now.

I have a 22.5 Weber Master Touch that I only use a half dozen times a year, but when I entertain a large group, I need it.

As Blazinfire says, I will probably always have use for my WSM even though I have a Battle Box on the way. Now if I get a stick burner, it may be a different story. :thumb:

My flat top uds. BUT pretty soon it's going to transform into my new rotisserie wood burning cooker. Just got to decide on the best rotisserie unit. Any suggestions?

I got a WSM back in 2011 because I didn't like my cheap Brinkmann offset. I never needed the brinkmann after i got the WSM, so I forgot about it until a few weeks ago, when I clean it out and sold it for $75

I'm considering getting a pellet smoker soon, but it will in no way replace my WSM. on cuts like brisket and pork shoulder i'm considering starting it on the WSM for an initial flavor boost and then i'd finish it super slow overnight on the pellet. i don't think i've seen anyone else do that, I wonder how well it'd work.

My mini, my custom vertical and my electric never get touched.

I hate to admit it but I haven't cooked on my Weber OTG since I got my PBC in June of 2014. I do use it occasionally to snuff out the coals from the PBC.

Nothing against the Weber, but since I only get to BBQ 2 to 3 weekends a month and I prefer smoked vs grilled meat, the PBC is now my go to cooker.

I got a WSM back in 2011 because I didn't like my cheap Brinkmann offset. I never needed the brinkmann after i got the WSM, so I forgot about it until a few weeks ago, when I clean it out and sold it for $75

Man this was my situation exactly! Got my brinkmann offset first, then decided I should get a WSM. Since I've bought the WSM and I've only cooked on the brinkmann a couple times since. Now I have a vertical offset being built in hopes It will rekindle my enjoyment for stick burning. (The new cooker is going to be awesome) I love cooking with wood, just the brinkmann made it a little less fun IMO.

My Rec Tec was the forgotten one for a bit so I gave it to a friend where it fou d new life.

These days it is my Blackstone griddle. I got a griddle pan that fits my wood fired grill and that has changed things up. Just more fun to me.

I also have a little Weber somewhere in the garage next to a table top gas burner.

Steve should I show my cold smoker/ex offset cooker on the stilts? That thing I see every single day but still forgot about it! I need to at least start cold smoking things like cheese in it again....and before it gets hot outside!

It is a 22 OTG / Cajun Bandit, I am going to use it, I am going to use it,.

My Rec Tec was the forgotten one for a bit so I gave it to a friend where it fou d new life.

These days it is my Blackstone griddle. I got a griddle pan that fits my wood fired grill and that has changed things up. Just more fun to me.

I also have a little Weber somewhere in the garage next to a table top gas burner.

I forgot the blackstone griddle that I got peer pressured into buying. :tsk:

A homemade double barrel offset reverse flow smoker typa thing hasn't seen use since I got the spicewine. I gave my old Brinkman away and sold another cheaper smoker I had. I basically use the spicewine and the wsm

Back