Meatglue, Bacon, and Bratwurst

jwtseng

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I had a little MooGloo meatglue left over from Thanksgiving so I decided to glue more bacon together...

Bacon Weave meat-glued and shrink-wrapped to set:
wB9qcUwh.jpg

Witness the power of MooGloo...not your ordinary bacon weave:
XAZahbNh.jpg

Bacon Origami:
wcno8Anh.jpg

All Rolled Up (around a couple celery sticks):
TvoA0W2h.jpg

juY92sih.jpg

Into the Primo with Pick-apart Pork:
Tsqp6rWh.jpg

mG7Bmmwh.jpg

foJ1TRyh.jpg

Vmn92y7h.jpg

sZyWc5Fh.jpg

Bacon Bun Bratwurst and Pick-apart Pork:
no41d1Uh.jpg

mULscjlh.jpg

5Txb5DRh.jpg

The kids wanted to see Jungle Book, so I had to run out to the movies right after this cook. This Bacon Bun Bratwurst got snuck into the theater and eaten in the dark and it was MMM-mmm good.

If you've been following along, this was my second cook of the day after the Asian Pork Belly Bao. So today I've had two pork belly buns, one bratwurst sausage, and 8 strips of bacon (yes, 8 strips to make one bun). Oooof.

Thanks for checking it all out! :thumb:

Ladies and gentlemen... The perfect bun has been discovered!!

That looks amazing.

What is the pick-apart pork? It looks like country style ribs scored & smoked.

Yep, meat glue is fun stuff! I just reordered from Amazon, except this time I'm getting the 1 lb pack! Search for Moo Gloo of your interested...there's a 50g sampler pack...and get the RM type. I mostly glue bacon to other meat...like filet mignon or chicken, or use it for bacon weaves so that they don't fall apart. But I've also had occasion to glue two smaller filet mignon steaks together to make it match the size of the other steaks I was cooking....of course I served that one to myself...could not tell it was two steaks, I tell ya!

What I call pick apart pork is actually my twist on spare ribs...they are scored all the way down to and around the bone...leave the membrane on. They catch more rub and cook fast...they look a mess, but the kids are more likely to eat them that way without me having to tell them it's "chicken". Lol

What I call pick apart pork is actually my twist on spare ribs...they are scored all the way down to and around the bone...leave the membrane on. They catch more rub and cook fast...they look a mess, but the kids are more likely to eat them that way without me having to tell them it's "chicken". Lol

Nice - that looks fun. I could see them being a huge hit as hors d'oeuvres at a party.

Back