14 Inch WSM?

Dmars13

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just finished reading smokin30-06's thread and it made me decide to see what's on Craigslist in my area. Came across this..

http://providence.craigslist.org/hsh/5135693813.html

My initial thought was get it because it's so cheap but I'm wondering if I'd use it much? I just recently made a UDS and I'm still learning it. I'm wondering who has the 14 inch WSM and what type of capacity it has? Not sure what I'd actually cook on it, but then again at $20 bucks I'm sure I could get my money's worth quickly.

Great cooker why are you here reading go pick it up. You can't go wrong for that price.
I would drop that on the cooker sight unseen.

on edit: looking at that cooker with the visual cues I would say its an 18.5 WSM and the selling just assumed it the 14" If that is the case, and don't ask him on the phone or he will raise the price, you are going to have to worry about the cops picking you up for theft its such a great deal.

I have an 18 and a 22. If I saw a deal like that I would not waste time asking. I would just git it! The 14 is big enough to do lots of things on. A couple chickens, butts, lots of ABT's and or MOINK's.

Ahhhh she agreed to sell it to someone a few hrs ago, currently trying to offer more money for it but she has a conscience haha she'd "feel bad for going back on her word" dammit!

I was wondering because the 14.5 are a new version and that one looks much older. Definitely jump on it.

Dmars13 said:
Ahhhh she agreed to sell it to someone a few hrs ago, currently trying to offer more money for it but she has a conscience haha she'd "feel bad for going back on her word" dammit!
I like CL sellers that have a conscience, to be honest with ya.
I was wondering because the 14.5 are a new version and that one looks much older. Definitely jump on it.
There are older 14.5" WSMs. The model 1880 was made from 1981 to 1983. Here's a pic of an 83:

1880%20WSM%20E%201_zpsjwxxldye.jpg

That is defenitely an 18" WSM. Compare where the top of the side door is relative to the grate holders.

Hope it is yours now!

I agree that it is the 18" model. It don't look anything like the old 14" in the photos above.

Chris

Back