Hope metric is cool.

250 ml Milk
100 ml Plain Yoghurt
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tbls Oil
1 tspn Salt
3/4 Tbls Sugar
4 cups Bread flour
1 tspn Bread improver ( preference is yours on whether you use it or not )
2 1/4 tspn Tandaco Yeast, (Dry packet Yeast )

This freezes very well after the first rising

Hope metric is cool.

250 ml Milk
100 ml Plain Yoghurt
1 Egg Yolk
2 Tbls Oil
1 tspn Salt
3/4 Tbls Sugar
4 cups Bread flour
1 tspn Bread improver ( preference is yours on whether you use it or not )
2 1/4 tspn Tandaco Yeast, (Dry packet Yeast )

This freezes very well after the first rising

Man your recipe is like working on the car, I'm going to have to break out both tool chests:biggrin1:
I think I'll give it a shot in the next few days and surprise the family.

Oh whats Bread improver?

http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-bread-improver

Broadly speaking anything you add to a bread recipe that improves the bread could be called a "bread improver". The term is most commonly used to describe a range of natural or chemical additives that speed up the process of dough development.

Bread improver is especially important in large scale bread production but is also often found in bread machine pre-mixes and other recipes baked in the home kitchen. Bread improver may also be known by other names such as yeast improver, yeast food, dough enhancer, dough conditioner or bread enhancer.

For the home baker looking for a way to make even better bread at home there are plenty of choices. You can even find improvers made from entirely natural ingredients that are good for you as well as your bread.

http://www.squidoo.com/what-is-bread-improver

Broadly speaking anything you add to a bread recipe that improves the bread could be called a "bread improver". The term is most commonly used to describe a range of natural or chemical additives that speed up the process of dough development.

Bread improver is especially important in large scale bread production but is also often found in bread machine pre-mixes and other recipes baked in the home kitchen. Bread improver may also be known by other names such as yeast improver, yeast food, dough enhancer, dough conditioner or bread enhancer.

For the home baker looking for a way to make even better bread at home there are plenty of choices. You can even find improvers made from entirely natural ingredients that are good for you as well as your bread.

I hope you got the humor of metric/standard:biggrin1:
I'll just skip the improver

Bread or dough improver is a mixture of diastatic malt powder, vital wheat gluten and starches designed to increase yeast health and bread texture. It is a good thing to use for certain breads, especially whole wheat and rye, at it improves the texture and spring.

only one quistion . How much bakeing powder . The rest i can wing

Bread or dough improver is a mixture of diastatic malt powder, vital wheat gluten and starches designed to increase yeast health and bread texture. It is a good thing to use for certain breads, especially whole wheat and rye, at it improves the texture and spring.

mmmmm....what every brethren needs.......:biggrin1:

I have a Croatian co-worker. His recipe calls for 1 part ground veal, 1 part ground lamb, and 2 parts ground beef. Baking powder is correct. Salt, pepper and garlic are correct. He adds a "Eastern European flavor profile" that he won't divulge, but I think one of ingredients is onions.

I may have to waterboard him for the rest of the recipe....just kidding...

I do 1part lamb, 1 part pork , 1 parts beef. I NEver use baking powder. That "european flavor profile" is vegeta. Its in every dish in croatia

Here, that is a Vegetable stock Powder, I find it very salty.

I don't think so. See following :
Vegeta (food)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vegeta Product Packaging
Vegeta is a condiment which is a mixture of spices and various vegetables invented in 1959 by a Bosnian Croat scientist Zlata Bartl, and has become a product sold worldwide.
Vegeta is produced by Podravka, a company from Koprivnica, Croatia, as well as a subsidiary of Podravka in Poland[1] and two Vegeta licensees from Austria and Hungary. There have been around 50 instances of other companies attempting to reproduce the product.
The ingredients of Vegeta include (according to the 2008 product packaging):
salt max. 56%
dehydrated vegetables 15.5% (carrot, parsnip, onions, celery, parsley leaves)
flavour enhancers (monosodium glutamate max. 15%, disodium inosinate)
sugar
spices
cornstarch
riboflavin (for coloring)
Average contents of 100 g of Vegeta
Energetic value 583 kJ (137 kcal)
Protein 8.5 g
Carbohydrate 24.5 g
Fat 0.6 g
Vegeta was conceived in 1958 in Podravka's laboratories and professor Zlata Bartl was head of the team that invented it.[1] The product was first sold in Yugoslavia in 1959 as "Vegeta 40",[1] and has since become so popular that the production increased by several orders of magnitude[citation needed]. In 1967 Vegeta was first exported to Hungary and the USSR[1] and is now sold in around 40 countries worldwide.[1]

Back