Thai-She! Thai/Mexican Fried Rice In Baja!

Camadile

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
As some of you know, Baja is a magical place. It has stunning deserts like nowhere else and two very different yet wild and beautiful seas. The best part of Baja for me is the people that you meet there - locals, expats and travelers.

On my last trip to Baja with my buddy and Mojoe partner, Enzo, we stayed a couple of nights at Afonsinas on Gonzaga Bay, Sea of Cortez. I always try to go to the Northern Sea of Cortez in October/November because of the perfect weather and the water temp of the Sea is in the 85 - 90 degree range! The beach and views there are spectacular!

On this trip, we met a wonderful couple from San Diego at dinner on the patio overlooking the sea. Their names were Klaus (a German) and Um (a beautiful Thai lady with a great sense of humor). At dinner, Um complained that she was tired of Mexican food and really wanted some fried rice. I told her that I had the makings of fried rice in my cooler and camp box and that I had the perfect cooking tool to make it on - the Mojoe Griddle! I also told her that she had to make it and that I would make a video of it! She jumped at the chance!

So the next day, I set up the Mojoe on the beach and Um went to town cooking up an incredible batch of Thai/Mexican fried rice (the only meat I had with me was chorizo!). Here's the video of that event (beware, eye-candy alert!):

[ame]https://youtu.be/Pb_UXi5C0IM[/ame]

Cam

Looks like spam to me...

Back