Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Welcome to the future family. Don't worry, the wait time flies by. Sorry, not really. But once you get the build email, it goes faster. Um, sorry again, no it doesn't. Those two weeks seem like years. Oh, but the shipping is fast. Oh. Sorry again. Man, I hope you get this smoker before you retire...

:mrgreen:

ha ... 8ish weeks is the lead time.

Luckily - shipping to me might be 2 days unless I go pick it up myself.

Thanks for the info. One of the guys at work is looking to order one fairly soon, I'll past that along.

Last edited:
Welcome to the future family. Don't worry, the wait time flies by. Sorry, not really. But once you get the build email, it goes faster. Um, sorry again, no it doesn't. Those two weeks seem like years. Oh, but the shipping is fast. Oh. Sorry again. Man, I hope you get this smoker before you retire...

:mrgreen:

No kidding about that wait! Mine has been ready for a couple weeks now. During the wait, I found a new home. Got the fabrication notice about a week before I settled on a closing date. So I had to make a decision - ship it to the current address before closing date becuase, dogonit I want my smoker now (then ship it to the new address)! Or wait until closing date and have it shipped to the new address, which means I'd have to wait a few more weeks. I know the logical choice is the latter one (I have no trailer) but it was still a tough one to make! The wait is painful! Plan to call Chris and Amber this week to give them the go ahead to ship.

I went ahead and purchased the mini last week. While I am thoroughly impressed with the smoker itself, it was reading this thread and seeing everyone say nothing but outstanding things about Chris and Amber and their outstanding customer service and committment that gave me the nudge. Plus seeing how responsive Chris is in this thread.

I am approximately 7 weeks out and I can't wait!

My biggest cook to date is coming up this weekend. Six full packers. And it's supposed to rain. :sad: She won't mind, but I will...

Has anyone purchased a cover for their smoker? If so, where and how was the quality. Thanks guys.

Got my six packers rolling in he smoke now. Plenty of room in this thing...

F330B85F-1EE3-4092-9D30-17B99DE00780_zpstscsacor.jpg

Has anyone purchased a cover for their smoker? If so, where and how was the quality. Thanks guys.

One thing to consider before purchasing a cover is mold. May not be a problem up there...but down here you have to make this this smoker is venting when not in use...or friends move in...

I've kept my LSG cabinet covered when not in use. And the LSG stick burner I had before it. Never had an issue with mold. I do crack a vent after I know the fire is completely out and just before I put a cover on it.

Critters that move in are just extra protein. <kidding>

Back