Please post your best seafood pasta recipes

food4thot

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Have not made in a while but I'm a big fan of linguine and white clam sauce. Been craving it recently and realized I don't have a specific recipe...always just winged it.

Like all types of seafood pasta dishes. Shrimp, mussels, scallops, squid, etc.

In the early stage of planning a dinner for my kids, all of which love seafood and pasta. One of my daughters leaves in a couple weeks and won't be back home until February.

All recipes appreciated.

I've been making a variation of this linguine & clam sauce recipe for years. I Use a variety if different canned clams, whole baby clams, chopped & minced. Depends what's on sale. Also add rep pepper flakes & chopped fresh mushrooms & clam juice mixed with some corn starch. I add the clams in near the end just to warm them up.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/18148/the-best-clam-sauce/

Cajun chicken & pasta is also a great recipe. Several of those floating around.

One of my favorites is shrimp alfredo. The sauce is not hard to make but any recipe you find needs to have the sauce part doubled for me.

You should try @Cowgirls Seafood Paella. That looked awesome! It's on my to do list this summer.
(chit, can't find the link. maybe somebody more computer literate will post)

You should try @Cowgirls Seafood Paella. That looked awesome! It's on my to do list this summer.
(chit, can't find the link. maybe somebody more computer literate will post)

Thanks Eric! Brethren Sako got me hooked on paella. :grin:

Here's a couple....

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225048

paella2%20006res_zpsqv5ago3e.jpg

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228283

6b32fb9c-5fa2-4195-9263-9bdea1ac2a97_zpsql2nepky.jpg

mmm paella..
.... I kinda made it once or twice, but am hankering for
some real paella.... I see - 'Fig and Olive' restaurant in D.C. has it - for $32 -
I bet it doesn't come close to Cowgirls' recipes,
or another member here who does a mean paella.... I forget whom ??
sorry.... duh, maybe it's Sako??

paella del mar
http://www.figandolive.com/restaurants-and-menus/d-c#

Start with one pound (or more) of fresh shrimp at least with the shell on, better with heads. Clean and shell the shrimp, keeping the heads and shells for a broth.
Put enough water in a stock pot to cover the shells & heads, add salt & pepper to taste. Boil until the shells turn pink, and then a couple minutes after. Remove the shells & reserve the stock.
Add enough water to the stock to prepare one pound of dry linguine noodles, follow the package instructions, cook to al dente'.
In a separate pan, heat enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the shrimp and any combination of seafood (I really like bay scallops, clams & mussels). Add a combined handful of fresh basil, oregano, parsley & taragon, chopped to quarter inch pieces, as well as a generous amount of minced or crushed garlic. Cook until the shrimp is pink, and any other seafood is cooked through.
Drain the linguine, but save the liquid. Put the linguine back in the pot (no more heat from the stove), add the seafood mixture, and toss until well mixed. Add the reserved stock a cup at a time until the pasta is coated, but no liquid in the bottom of the pot. I also add an 8oz bottle of clam juice at this point. When you plate it, make sure you get a good portion of the seafood on the plate with the linguine. Top it with "shaved" Parmesan with a good garlic toasted bread on the side.
I like to cover the pot after mixing the seafood and pasta, and let it set while we start with a Caesar salad. A chilled Pinot Grigio really goes well with it.
This is a meal that I kind of developed over time & a bit of experimenting. Unfortunately, I'm terrible at exact measurements on ingredients. I just add or include until it looks and tastes right. Hope this helps.

Those look fantastic. Definitely want to try making paella sometime. Not for this dinner though. It needs to be pasta instead of rice for this occasion.

Your pics and methodology gave me some ideas. Thanks! Have king crab legs in the freezer.

My general thoughts about seafood pasta, accumulated over the years:

1) Love onions in just about everything but they don't fit this application
2) Lemon juice also not necessary
3) Plenty of garlic
4) Red chile flake for a little heat
5) Linguine
6) Parsley, parmesan, and good olive oil to finish

Chicken and clam lasagna

Your favorite marinara sauce with some of the clam juice in it and equal parts grilled shredded chicken and canned clams.

Your favorite marinara sauce with some of the clam juice in it and equal parts grilled shredded chicken and canned clams.
Again, personal preference thing. Like tomatoes (I make great red sauce) but never been a fan of Manhattan clam chowder...Boston FTW. One the other hand, have really enjoyed some seafood pasta dishes that were finished with fresh diced Romas that went in at the very end.

Back