• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

*** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS!

It looks like one more bump is in order.

We've been seeing more and more posts in threads without pictures. Let's remember that pics are never a requirement. They are appreciated, but not required. We have been seeing this trend pop up once again. Here's Phil's take on the no pics deal. We also don't want new or any member for that matter feeling pressured to post pics of everything they cook!

Posts like this turn new people off than make them want to participate more.

Most times, we just gotta be patient and the pics will come.

Thank you from a newbie!!!
Besides I can't find the album thingie!

bbq-brethren is invaluable!!

But it can be daunting to the newer person.

I love posting pics with my threads when possible, it lets me get feed back on how my food looks and if my presentation is good.

No pics thread

Been on the forum for couple weeks, just now read this, takes a load off my mind, I don't have any of the new phones, for me to post a picture, my better half has to take a picture with her antique digital camera, load it on her computer, then email me the pic, then I gotta do the photobucket thing which I'm not too good at. I'll try to contribute when I can, but probably no pics. :cry:

I love taking pics of my cooks. it almost becomes my journal because I don't like to write things down. pics are better memory joggers for me than words.

Been a member for years... I kinda always felt bad i couldn't post pics. The whole No Pics didn't happen made me feel like the place was a hair less friendly than it claimed to be... Never saw this till now... But I didn't take a pic of myself seeing it so it didn't happen. FTR I'm over it.... I want y'alls respect? I can earn it. I mean now that I know how to post pics and such.

Edit... I am not being a crybaby, I just came back more properly equipped for what the Brethren want. I may disappear again, but such is life. Ain't cause I am mad or any of that.

As a new member, one of my very first posts here was about my 1st try at ribs in a Kenmore smoker compartment.

I made sure to include lots of pics because I wanted everyone to see the process from prep till it was cooked and ready to eat.

But, I can certainly understand that some members are not able to take pics, for many reasons.

In my case, I needed specific assistance with trimming ribs into St. Louis cut (mine weren’t fully squared out), as well as showing members the lack of a smoke ring in my ribs.

For those with more general questions, I think not having pics is okay.

All depends on how much help you need and how specific your inquiries are.

All this pic stuff confuses me. :-D

So, when people say "No pic, it didn't happen" really aren't kidding? I always thought it was in jest.
ahh, live n learn

Back