• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My childhood favorite

Tonybel

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Today I did something my mother always made and it was my favorite. Its called tostadas de picadillo.
Here is what is needed....

1 onion chopped, 3 jalapenos, 3 potatoes.

Seasoned the ground beef with this..

Cook down and when its half way cooked add your ingridients.

Then add 1- 8 oz of tomatoe sauce and 4 oz of water and reduce until meat is cooked and potatoes are tender.

All done.

get your tostada add mayo..

add a layer of beans...

then add the meat and top with sour cream and salsa..

Thanks for looking..

That looks great, you lost me on the mayo at first. I don't think I have ever heard of that being done. But, I will go there.

That looks great, you lost me on the mayo at first. I don't think I have ever heard of that being done. But, I will go there.

My mom would put mayo on everything... When I was a kid she would put some on a tortilla and that was my breakfast with a juice..

My mom would put mayo on everything... When I was a kid she would put some on a tortilla and that was my breakfast with a juice..

LOL! Yes, mayo. My grandma did wonders with mayo and Miracle Whip. I had many tortillas with mayo. :biggrin1:
Sometimes it was a slice of bread, some avocado, mayo, then folded in half. Good stuff!

Hmmm, this is so odd. I have never associated mayonnaise with Mexican or Cali-Mex or Tex-Mex, with the exception of Tortas. I happen to like mayo, so this is quite intriguing to me.

I'm ready - mouth watering - add some extra chilli for me as it can never be too hot!!!
John

Hmmm, this is so odd. I have never associated mayonnaise with Mexican or Cali-Mex or Tex-Mex, with the exception of Tortas. I happen to like mayo, so this is quite intriguing to me.
^ me too, but hey, I'm in! Looks pretty darn good to me and I'll give it a shot the next time we have picadillo.

Agree with Landarc, never heard of using mayo with any Mexican before but what the hey it looks great. I'd try it at least once.

That looks great. (I’d Add some lettuce & cheese) My Father in Law would put on everything as well. Ever have a Peanut Butter & Mayo sandwich? :twitch:

Back