Auber 4 a Shirley n WSM

DanB

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
HI All Any one of you Shirley owners ever use a Auber to control temps.
Here is what I was thinking getting 1 Auber controller and 2 different size blowers/fans for my Shirley 36" patio RF and my 22" WSM.
What do you think? Not sure if it would work on a RF smoker. Can the fan for the Shirley be hooked up to one of the vents?

Thanks DanB

Last edited:
The only thing it will really help to do is maintain airflow. It won't extend times for having to add fuel. I've seen many setups of temp control devices on stick burners and think they can work, but mostly just to help control air. But the other side is with stick burners many times they run better, cleaner fires with lots of air flow. I normally run my SF wide open. Not sure what else a fan would add if I did add one. Even on a 36" smoker it may not perform in the manner you want it to.

Hi Jason It was just a thought, since I was thinking about a controller for my 22" WSM for over night cooks. Just thought it also be helpful on the Shirley.
So you smoke with the vent door wide open, dose that take heat away from the
cooking chamber?
Thanks DanB

Hi Jason It was just a thought, since I was thinking about a controller for my 22" WSM for over night cooks. Just thought it also be helpful on the Shirley.
So you smoke with the vent door wide open, dose that take heat away from the
cooking chamber?
Thanks DanB

People do use them, but mostly when I've seen it it has been at competitions. I do leave the vent doors wide open and the pit runs 300'ish depending on how much wood I add. I let adding wood be my temp control. Could be a fun thing to play with though if you have an adapter for it.

Auber

Thanks Guys Maybe I"ll just use the Auber on the WSM for over nights.
DanB

Stack Question

Hi All Got another Shirley question..Do you guy always keep the stack vent fully opened? Having some trouble at times keeping temps even & stable.Just thinking my airflow just maybe too strong?
Thanks DanB

Back