Weekend 6/24 cook

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Since I couldn't make the Bash, I decided to cook for therapy.

Got a brisket point, 2 slabs on BBs, hot links, andouille sausage, a couple of fatties and some ABTs. Pics to come later.

Ty

sounds good.. doin to racks of BBs and a maple fatty today and a sirloin tip roast tomorrow. because im poor no pics to follow lol.. saving up for a WSM better than a camera anyday. enjoy the Q

Ribs, fatties, hot links, andouille and ABTs done so far.

Attachments

• 6-24-06 008.JPG
    6-24-06 008.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 6-24-06 006.JPG
    6-24-06 006.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 101
  • 6-24-06 005.JPG
    6-24-06 005.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 102
  • 6-24-06 007.JPG
    6-24-06 007.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 102
Mighty fine looking eats there Ty. Making me hungry. I got to cook inside tonight. Rainy here and thunderstorms.

I'm doing a couple BCC's to have prepped for grilled/smoked pizzas for a get together tomorrow.

qman said:
Rainy here and thunderstorms...
Same here for the forseeable future. I'm doing some steak on the gasser between cloudbursts and setting up my canopy so I can do a practice cook tomorrow for my first competition. I'll be doing some speedy butts on a WSM and some 1/2 chickens in my new kettle. Might as well have rain while you practice, right? Hopefully good weather will make the comp easy by comparison.

I expect the weather to be miserable tomorrow. Even more reason to BBQ. I just prepped chicken thighs. I am also doing pork chops. I'm prepping for my first comp in August, smoking and grilling. Last weekend was Brisket and Ribs, the weekend before, Pork Shoulder and Ribs. I have limited time and understand that comp is in any weather. I expect it will be a learning experience.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

83#'s of pork butt, 3 racks of spares, a fatty, and some ABT's.

The Thill Man,
You are an animal. Nice stuff, you smokin' fool!!!!!! I am thinkin' your therapy worked.
Smoke On!!!!!!

They came out great.

I just spit roasted two birds (!), one with a hot BBQ rub and the other had sage & garlic butter under the skin.

I ended up with 2 BCC's, some italian sausage links, caramelized Vidalia onions, sauteed portabella mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, fresh mozz, basil and arugula all prepped to make pizzas. Had about 12 people over, made them roll out their own crust, then grilled those, moved to the smoker, put on the ingredients, let them smoke a bit, then served them as they were ready... My favorite way to have pizza outside of Vincent's in Pittsburgh!

Back