3 Spares and a Pork Loin! Live cook

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
hey everyone! Doing a smoke today finally! Got 3 racks of spare ribs and a porkloin on.

For sides I want to make baked sweet potato's. Never tried them that way so I need suggestions on what to top sweet potato's with? How long does baked sweet potato's take to cook at between 200-250 degrees?

here's a picture!

20160726_150741_zpsrmtakqgy.jpg

More to come!

I like how you are going to let all the Rib drippings land right on top of that Loin :thumb:

I've always liked just Butter and Brown Sugar on my Sweet Potatoes but that's how my Grandmother made them.

I would just toss in those potatoes for the last couple hour and start checking them after an hour and a half. Some people top with a little brown sugar and roll. Me, I prefer a tiny bit of salt and pepper and a dollop of sour cream. I like to keep the sweet potato simply as it has great flavors naturally. Good luck with your cook! Keep us updated.

Getting one heck of a downpour. fire went out. 3 hours in I put the ribs in the oven at 275 on a foil sheet. I didn't wrap in foil.

20160726_173829_zpsqqgysxrm.jpg

Porkloin and potato's are done. More pictures to come!
20160726_174010_zps7c20puym.jpg

Here's plated picture of the sweet potato and porkloin. I put a little butter and brown sugar topped with marshmellows on the sweet potato!
20160726_180906_zpsevxdyxap.jpg

Here's the ribs. slighty over cooked but I prefer them that way. Its just smithfield ribs. Only ribs I can get locally so its not bad. I want to get my hands on non-enhanced ribs sometime.
20160726_210346_zpsxveoiimc.jpg

The picture of the pork loin slices doesn't do it justice. It was 100% Juicy, Tender It was perfect! Looks on the dry side lookin at the picture!

Thanks everyone. I enjoyed the meal. I loved the sweet potato even tho it could of been cooked longer. Kinda in a rush when the storm hit! I got the same flavor out of it with the brown sugar/marshmallows as I normally would when I eat sweet potato's for thanksgiving or something!

Glad to see you finally got some wood to cook with. The meat looks really good.

Looking good. Nice to see you back with the vertical offset. I do sweet potatoes like regular potatoes. Just wrap them in foil and put them on the pit for a few hours.

Glad to see you finally got some wood to cook with. The meat looks really good.

Yeah It wasn't that great of wood. Just a piece of a dead tree that fell years ago. Not even sure what it was other than hardwood. I'm pretty sure it was ash. It was kinda Meh. I'm building a wood shed and buying a full load of Cherry to fill the wood shed first. Wood was hard as heck to get burning but I opened all dampers and just rolled with it. I had a craving for BBQ

This will get me by til My wood shed is built next week!

Looking good. Nice to see you back with the vertical offset. I do sweet potatoes like regular potatoes. Just wrap them in foil and put them on the pit for a few hours.

I underestimated how long it would take sweet potato's to cook. When the rain started pouring I thought they were done. One of the big ones wasn't cooked all the way. Those potato's were huge!! I enjoyed the marshmallows, brown sugar, and butter on my potato!

Looks great Blaze. Next time, zap the potatoes in the microwave for a couple minutes first to get them started cooking from the inside out, then throw them on the pit...

I enjoyed the marshmallows, brown sugar, and butter on my potato!

Those weren't potatoes, they were orange Moon pies. :boink:

Try cooking the sweet taters with no foil sometime. They are 10 times easier to peel as the skin separates itself. The smoke won't penetrate enough to even matter.

Those weren't potatoes, they were orange Moon pies. :boink:

Try cooking the sweet taters with no foil sometime. They are 10 times easier to peel as the skin separates itself. The smoke won't penetrate enough to even matter.

I like Marshmallows :peace:I don't like moon pies! LOL Have you had a moon pie recently? I use to eat them all the time because my grandpa would bring a bunch home at a time coming home from work. Even then they were decent. Today's moon pie aren't very good LOL

Back