keep it or get something different

Jbone3652

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
i have an original oklahoma joe 1/4 inch steel all the way around, i kind of need the money so i was thinking of selling it and getting a smokey mountain weber. my reasons for this is easier to transport and little less baby setting. yes i would like to have both but i can't and i just don't have the room for it, ill put a picture up of the smoker.

Wow, a 1/4 inch Smokey Joe got to be a heart wrenching decision. Sure you won't have a problem selling her to a brethren member in your area. Be nice to have just because.

Got a do what you got a do but it sounds like somthing you might regret down the road. I speak from experience.

Are you sure you can make enough to even buy the WSM by selling it? I learned with selling my LSG, that they depreciate more than cars do...

Just remember it is just stuff. You can get stuff again when you are in a better place financially.

Sure it might not be an original 1/4in OK Joe, but there are other quality pits out there and there will always be other quality pits out there to buy in the future.

Stuff is just stuff and can be replaced.

I would like $800 it's in good shape

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 93
I think you'll miss it, better keep it and build a UDS for when you don't feel like babysitting. Every time I sell something because I need the money, I regret it and the money ain't enough anyhow.....

The larger wheels tell me that it is not as old as mine...I paid 225 for mine and with restore and mods have less than 400 involved...A smoker I wont let go of till I can seriously upgrade...

My point is that if you actually get enough to pay for the WSM I doubt you will have much to spare...

Keep the OK Joe and enjoy...

Back