Today's cook

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Today was an average ‘fall’ day when I went out to fire up ‘Ramona’…
DSCF2110.jpg

I had a fair amount of cooking to do, none of it took all that long by it’s self, just a lot of different cuts of meat… Let’s see, we had Canadian Bacon, Breakfast Fatty’s (with Pepper-Jack Cheese and sautéed onions & garlic), Burnt Ends, and dinner consisting of Chicken and roasted Sweet Potatoes. I started every thing (but dinner) around noon.
DSCF2111.jpg

Once that came off I put on the chicken (rubbed with salt, pepper, rosemary, sage, and olive oil) and the split sweet potatoes.
DSCF2115.jpg

And now it’s time to eat…
DSCF2108.jpg

Man that looks good.

Newbie question: what are burnt ends?

That looks great! What did you use for the canadian bacon? And people say were cheating using the UDS! :p
BTW, that white stuff looks pretty!

Newbie question: what are burnt ends?

Burnt-ends are normally made from the point of a brisket that has been cubed. Because I do so many briskets for NASCAR, I use a slicer. There are often pieces that don’t cut well (towards the ends). I collect and freeze them until I have enough, I then coat them with my favorite sauce and continue smoking them until they are very tender and the sauce has reduced to a sticky coating…

That looks great! What did you use for the canadian bacon? And people say were cheating using the UDS! :p
BTW, that white stuff looks pretty!

Thanks, the bacon was made from a whole pork loin... The more I cook on this egg, the more I like it for family stuff (it's a size thing).

Lookin good. Like the white insulation on top of your BGE, what is it and where can I get some?

Great food. Love that first pic, the egg looks like an ice creme cone:biggrin:

Lookin good. Like the white insulation on top of your BGE, what is it and where can I get some?

I'll send some your way!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Should have seen me doing the classic cartoon poose just be for I fell on my butt... Left leg going one way, arms spread out, and looking to see if any one was watching:lol::lol::lol:

Yum!! Everything looks delicious. All that snow makes me glad that in NC we are going to see highs in the low 80's on Wednesday.

Look's good brother!! I see you got the weather that we were suppost to get........missed again, enjoy the white stuff!!:biggrin:

BTW, Burnt end's make great X-mas gift's!! :cool:

Looks geat - told my wife I am moving my cooker into our back yard shed so I cook over the winter. She just rolled her eyes at me. I got the fan set up ready to go. Wit hteh pellet cooker and the remote therm. I will be doing good!

Brother, it all looks good! Lots of fun cooking ahead.....but can't wait for Daytona. My life gets better then and the Q goes right along with it.

Back