"Eatin' High On the Hog!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) LASTS Through Monday, March 29th!!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our New Throwdown Category is...

"Eatin' High On the Hog!"

72ciKq3.jpg

As chosen by thirdeye for winning the "Recreate a Childhood BBQ Memory" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - PLEASE READ:

thirdeye said:
Guys, thanks again for all the work you put into the TD's :clap2:
For the next Throwdown:

Eatin' High On The Hog - Use any cut of pork, found "high on the hog" as shown in the chart.

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 3/12 through Monday 3/29.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Noon Central US Time on Monday 3/29.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
It just dawned on me that there is a Trifecta possibility with the Asian, and Kettle Cookoff Throwdown's going right now. For example... Pig ears are a legal "high on the hog" entry, they are a street food in the Philippines, and could be grilled on a kettle like they do in this video. :twitch: Rats, I don't think I can buy them locally.

https://youtu.be/44OIm69-q00

It just dawned on me that there is a Trifecta possibility with the Asian, and Kettle Cookoff Throwdown's going right now. For example... Pig ears are a legal "high on the hog" entry, they are a street food in the Philippines, and could be grilled on a kettle like they do in this video. :twitch: Rats, I don't think I can buy them locally.

https://youtu.be/44OIm69-q00

Yup, there's a triple bagger in the making for anyone who wants to step up to the plate, so to speak. We don't get those very often around here, so good call, Wayne!

P.S. Perhaps you may want to consider another cut of pork since you can't get pig ears. May I suggest some fine head cheese? :biggrin1:

I made these Al Pastor tacos yesterday.
Heavily seasoned slices of pork butt stacked with layers of pineapple. Took about 3.5 hours on the PBC.
View attachment 191470

View attachment 191469

View attachment 191468
Served on corn tortillas with avocado, cilantro, smoked jalapenos, Cotija cheese,
Pickled onions and hot sauce. Coconut rice with mango and pineapple on the side. PLEASE ACCEPT THIS LAST PICTURE AS MY ENTRY

Last edited:
Great entry to start this Throwdown, John!

Back