2nd annual MAK Brethren Group Buy deal is almost here :)

I didn’t really think when I got the 3/4 grate, but do you think there’s any use for that one or should I see if I can switch to another full grate?

I do like the door, not the $200, though. Might be able to get one of the guys from work to cut something up for me then just get that powder coated.

The WiFi does seem nice, I was also looking at the Remote boss remote, I just like the idea of an alarm inside if something happens. I do wish it came built in though. Caleb mentioned they’re working on another WiFi solution.

Regarding your 3/4 grate question. How many people do you cook for, really smoke for, on a regular basis?

If anyone bought a 1* you can buy a standard network rack shelf to use for the side table. Unless something has changed. $20-$30.
f2e1022aa2fd7279bd5d61ad3d79f687.jpg
d11d1fa5f9919b5789fd4190c29d92ab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Regarding your 3/4 grate question. How many people do you cook for, really smoke for, on a regular basis?

My wife and I, but I usually cook a lot of food for the week to freeze and keep for quick meals.

If I’m not mistaken, the 2 star comes with the 2 (half) bottom grates, I picked a full grate with the grill then just picked the 3/4 grate as my bonus. I was just trying to think space wise, what would make the most sense and started questioning if the 3/4 was a good choice.

If anyone bought a 1* you can buy a standard network rack shelf to use for the side table. Unless something has changed. $20-$30.
f2e1022aa2fd7279bd5d61ad3d79f687.jpg
d11d1fa5f9919b5789fd4190c29d92ab.jpg

Does that void the lifetime warranty?

I've asked a similar question before but can someone tell me if you can cook a brisket or a pork butt with good smoke flavor and not have to do an overnight cook on the MAK 1? Thank you in advance for your thoughtful responses.

I've asked a similar question before but can someone tell me if you can cook a brisket or a pork butt with good smoke flavor and not have to do an overnight cook on the MAK 1? Thank you in advance for your thoughtful responses.
I would start at 6am for 6pm dinner. That should be long enough.

haha, I've been poking around MAK's facebook page. I'm starting to think Robb is contractually obligated to reply to every post they make!

Last edited:
Robb's just a naturally nice and enthusiastic person. An odd one, for sure. If anyone is contractually obligated to reply to everyone's posts, it's me, and I imagine you've spent enough time there to see how that works out. :p

Robb's just a naturally nice and enthusiastic person. An odd one, for sure. If anyone is contractually obligated to reply to everyone's posts, it's me, and I imagine you've spent enough time there to see how that works out. :p

haha, I've been poking around MAK's facebook page. I'm starting to think Robb is contractually obligated to reply to every post they make!

No contract, no paycheck... lol. I guess there’s just something special about the MAK family that keeps me coming back. If that makes me odd, so be it :)

I pulled the trigger on an MAK 2 as well. I have waited 3 months searching and figuring out what I wanted/needed to purchase. I wouldn't have known to research and definitely not gotten the discount without this sight.

I probably would have went with the REQ TEQ 700 had I not researched. I feel I made the right decision...time will tell.

Reqteq is a very good option and the decision can be tough but you made a great choice. I know myself, I can tend to think back and wonder was this the right choice but I am not going to allow myself to do that. I made a great choice and I am just going to look forward to enjoying it.

No contract, no paycheck... lol. I guess there’s just something special about the MAK family that keeps me coming back. If that makes me odd, so be it :)

Oh you're odd alright! You're kind of like the fans of the Pit Barrel Cooker who can't stop talking about how great it is. Those people are just crazy man.

Oh you're odd alright! You're kind of like the fans of the Pit Barrel Cooker who can't stop talking about how great it is. Those people are just crazy man.

Yeah buddy!!! Some of us just know a good thing when we discover it. The “crazy” part comes from to much smoke inhalation... lol.

Thank you for being you! Your enthusiasm help me navigate through the pellet grill options and then ultimately influenced pulling the trigger on a 2*!

You’re going to really like it. It just cooks!!
I’ve been MIA. What was the final total on units? Anybody know?
Congrats & Welcome to the MAK family!! Can’t wait to see some of your cooks!!

Thank you for being you! Your enthusiasm help me navigate through the pellet grill options and then ultimately influenced pulling the trigger on a 2*!

Thank you kind sir... glad something I said was able to be of help :)

You’re going to really like it. It just cooks!!
I’ve been MIA. What was the final total on units? Anybody know?
Congrats & Welcome to the MAK family!! Can’t wait to see some of your cooks!!

Hey stranger... there you are! Sitting at 24 sold with a number of Brethren given coupon codes set to expire at the end of this weekend. Come Monday, we’ll know the final count.

So a fellow Brethren was generous enough to cook some Bootheel beef plate ribs and give them to my wife and me to see if we liked the Mak flavor profile. I actually put in my order before hand but dang, glad I did. Amazing! Between my Mak and my workhorse 1969 (also coming) I feel I’m set. Now I need to figure out if I should sell my egg. Probably will.

Back