Food confessions

McSpazatron

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
So... Im thinking its time for a group confession. What do you love to make, but avoid mentioning to others? What do you not like (hate is a strong word), but avoid saying to avoid damage to your BBQ bona fides?

Ill start.

Love:
Mock chicken legs. The most delicious use of the whole animal (multiple animals at that), and other unpronounceable things, combined with frying. I fry it in a CI pan over lump charcoal, so its BBQ.

Not love:
BBQ pork butt. I want to like it, but it's so bland without liberal use of sauces. This is a meat that I would rather slow cook with a bottle of baby rays dumped in. That's cutting to the chase.

What say ye?

I may have to put my thinker on this one for a bit..(too tired to think).

I really do not enjoy any bbq beef. Steak and such is good, but beef ribs and brisket I can do without.
Also like the original poster, I love souping up my pulled pork with a ton of sauce which seems to be sacrilege around here...

I love everything. Fish, foul, swine, beef, and/or veggies. IT doesnt matter if its cooked with fire Im eating it!!!

Another one who likes heavily sauced pulled pork. Just not SBR. I use Stubbs or my own.

Man this is a hard thread to reply to. There are things I could list on my likes and dislikes of cooking but it would just be nitpicking. I love cooking everything! Just some more than others I guess.

I have to say the only thing I would not mention to guests would be ABT's/stuffed jalapeno's wrapped in bacon. I hate prepping those darn things!

I can eat any meal, but, I really can't stand, olives, lentils, artichokes, and anything spicy hot. :mad2:

Chuck roasts.. Doesn't matter how i cook them i never like the finished product. I have tried pulled beef, sliced beef, PSB, putting it in stews and such and the end result is always the same. Junk

I love cooking steaks and burgers for myself. But don't ask me to cook them for others...

Chili peppers. I've had many otherwise excellent meals ruined through the over use of them. A little can add to a dish, but if all you can taste is hot pepper, it ruins a dish for me. I also agree about brisket.

I farking hate tofu. I'd outlaw that sh*t if I could. Yes, I dislike it that much.

Don't like chicken breast

Not a fan of turkey in any way, shape or form. Only exception is Thanksgiving and I deep fry it and eat the dark meat

As for Q I don't really care for beef short ribs

Don't like grilled bell peppers. Other peppers grilled are just fine but not bell peppers

A few other things I can't remember now

I farking hate tofu. I'd outlaw that sh*t if I could. Yes, I dislike it that much.

Don't like chicken breast

Not a fan of turkey in any way, shape or form. Only exception is Thanksgiving and I deep fry it and eat the dark meat

As for Q I don't really care for beef short ribs

Don't like grill bell pepper. Other peppers grilled are just fine but not bell peppers

A few other things I can't remember now

I agree with all this.. the only time i eat turkey is thanksgiving and i have to choke it down.

I agree with all this.. the only time i eat turkey is thanksgiving and i have to choke it down.

Lol. Seriously. Or when I see turkey burger on the menu somewhere or someone picking up ground turkey. :shock:

I fry some quail for Tday and do enjoy them though

l0sjHbPh.png

Back