• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

lamb breast

J

Jack2u2

Just got back from Austin, and while there went to Fiesta (one of my favorite stores). I messed up by not taking a cooler with me. They had pork shoulder for .99 cents a pound, spare ribs for .99 cents a pound, and lamb breast for .99 cents a pound. Well, I'm familiar with shoulder and ribs, but I never had or saw lamb breast. Bought two racks - about 7.5 lbs. I say racks, because that's what they look like - lamb ribs.
Anyone have any experience with these? I'm planning on grilling/smoking them over the weekend, but I was hoping one of you might have some advice you can pass on. Anything you might have on marinade or rubs - grilling or smoking - rubs, spices, etc. Share your experise with me, and I'll share some pics! Thanks in advance!

Never heard of lamb breast, but most lamb is best when cooked rare. The shoulder can be cooked long,roasted or braised. Hope this helps. I'll e mail my nephew, whose family raised sheep, and see if he knows anything about breast.

Paul

I grill all lamb. I marinate in evoo,garlic powder and maybe a few of my favorite seasonings overnight then grill or use the rotisserie. Lamb to me is best when it's fat is dripping off of it. Kinda gets rid of the funky smell lamb can have by sitting in it's own grease. I've cooked lamb in the oven and have actually thrown it out and I love lamb. It's my favorite meat to grill.

The meat in your lamb breast is the equivalent to a brisket. It is a tough cut, probably the toughest on a lamb.
It responds great to a low-and-slow smoke.
Lamb loves Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Rosemary.
So, I rub a lamb breast down with that and toss it in the cooker till it is done.

Back