Brisket injected with bacon grease?

doug93003

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Buying a Brisket for this weekends cook and the butcher told me about another regular that claims he injects bacon grease into his briskets. He wasn't sure but it sounded like he heats it up and mixes it with a little beef broth, and he said he injects the flat only.

I've never heard of this.

To each his own, I guess. I like my beef to taste like beef, not bacon, so i won't be trying this. I know bacon is awesome and all, but i think some people take their bacon obsession too far.:crazy:

To each his own, I guess. I like my beef to taste like beef, not bacon, so i won't be trying this. I know bacon is awesome and all, but i think some people take their bacon obsession too far.:crazy:

Totally agree with you there...

I have never heard of this either....

I love bacon as well as brisket, but would be hesitant of tying them together on a large cut of meat. One of those things where we wait for someone else to try it before we make the leap.

If you try it let us know how it turns out, but I would be skeptical of what some butchers claim.

I guess that would be much easier than bacon wrapped brisket.

I have tried it in a mix with other stuff when working on a recipe for competition after hearing about others who have tried it. It was just one practice run and it wasn't any better than other things I had tried so I left it alone. Granted one run is not a big sample size. I did not notice any "bacon flavor". The thinking behind it is it can hopefully add more savory flavor in general. Fat is flavor :-D. Wish I had more time and briskets to test it more, but there is only so much time in the day :becky:.

Yeah, I like my beef to taste like beef, I don't even care for bacon wrapped filet mignon! With the exception of a bacon cheese burger or link sausage perhaps, beef is beef and pork is pork and never the twain should meet IMO.:-D

Not for Me. Love Brisket, Love Bacon,
Especially,Bacon and Eggs after a long night Brisket Cook.:-D

Hmmmm, I wonder how that would work with pork loin...........

Back