How i sear my Brisket's

so is this a good thing?

excellent way to cook for me anyhow .
Folk's break my doors down for the brisket .
Rub the brisket down with pepper and sear till charcoal black then cook the way you cook it .It's an awesome taste piece of beef when done .Can't get it black enough with flames .won't hurt a thing ,the blacker the better .

Half load of meat .Some of it for my brunswick stew hickory smoked meat's.
2 butt's ,4 dino bones,2 yard bird's.2 brisket added after my sear .

This method brings a new meaning to the term "hot and fast"!

Last edited:
Pepper burns and leaves an off taste. There's a difference between a little char and burnt. Brisket bark should have neither. If you think that's great wait til you try the real thing.

on the grate for a few hrs and in the pan for the last couple hr's for the au jus
Been doing them for yrs this way .No problems at all with taste like u say .Been smoking for 30 plus yrs how long have u been smoking ? .Ive forgot more then u learned .Folk's from around here ask for my brisket at restaurants . Do 30 briskets a week .
Something new for u and u put it down
live and learn food.:blah::blah::blah:

I don't want to disrespect anyone .I just share things with folk's all the time .

Last edited:
You can easily get a brisket to look that way without burning the danged thing... Get rid of the foil and cook it nekkid.

Ahhhh yes the "I've been doing it longer than you" argument. I've heard that plenty as I pass old timers by. You can do it wrong for fifty years, don't make it right.

Notice how charcoal black it get's .It's Black pepper that is seared

I don't understand how this picture can be said that is pepper when the flames are so big you'll singe your eye brows if you get close. How many pounds of pepper did you use?

I don't understand how this picture can be said that is pepper when the flames are so big you'll singe your eye brows if you get close. How many pounds of pepper did you use?
not if you have the right equipment .never get burnt ever.

Ahhhh yes the "I've been doing it longer than you" argument. I've heard that plenty as I pass old timers by. You can do it wrong for fifty years, don't make it right.

u one of them know it all's i see .Live and learn while u can .cause time is short .

:blabla::blabla::blabla::blabla:

Mods delete this thread .it's going no where .to many know it all's.They need to get a life and be honest with them selve"s.

So your saying scorched black pepper taste fine? Seared is one thing, fireball burnt is another.

Back