36" Lang Cooker Raffle

Chrome Dome

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
With the blessing of the Grand Poobah, I post this...

Fired Up to Help, the charity I founded in 2012, is raffling a new, 36" Lang Patio Cooker to raise money for the organization. Tickets are $25 each, with the drawing held after 500 tickets are sold, or on December 1, whichever comes first (hint, we are no where near 500 tickets sold). You can purchase tickets through our website, www.fireduptohelp.org.

I started Fired Up to Help after the tornado devastated Joplin, MO three years ago. My folks drove my dad's cooker there the next day and fed whoever needed to eat. I came up with the idea of having an organization that could cover that type of response in the future. (Little did I know, Operation BBQ Relief was in the works. OBR has become an amazing organization, and we have held local fundraisers to help raise money for two of their disaster responses.) Additionally, I wanted to create an organization that helps other 501(c)(3) organizations raise money by holding BBQ fundraisers.

I met the Grand Poobah in Long Beach, NY after hurricane Sandy. I took my 84” Lang and helped feed those who came to the OBR location. Since then, Fired Up to Help has held eleven fundraisers for other organizations in Virginia and Maryland. We are an all volunteer organization.

I will work with the winner of the raffle to get the cooker to him/her. As we are a small organization, we may not be able to ship the cooker from Virginia at no cost to the winner, depending on where he/she is located.

Thanks!
www.fireduptohelp.org
www.facebook.com\fireduptohelp

Can I buy a ticket from Canada?

You can buy a ticket from Canada. If you win, we'll have to figure out how to get the cooker to you!

(PS - if you asked the same question on the Brethren FB page months ago, I apologize. Couldn't find the post after getting the answer.)

You can buy a ticket from Canada. If you win, we'll have to figure out how to get the cooker to you!

(PS - if you asked the same question on the Brethren FB page months ago, I apologize. Couldn't find the post after getting the answer.)

I tried to order, but where it asks for a state or province, I am only allowed a stste, no provinces listed, and it doesn't like my postal code.

I'm in too! Great work you are doing! Thanks for posting this. Cheers.
-John

Thank you for helping others. I am strapped for money this pay check, but next pay check I am going to buy myself a raffle ticket to help you guys out.

Ol' Rusty (NBBD) may get jealous, and I'm not looking forward to hauling that thing all the way to California, but I'm in.

Back