Brisket and Butt cook with pron

Ahh the tray of happiness, That looks rather spectacular. I noticed that ole Myron is following you example sittin back and barkin orders at the crew.:wink:

It was kinda funny. Apparently nobody there seemed to understand BBQ. First, the dinner was supposed to,start at 5:30, but I knew it would be late, as this was a group of pastors coming to a new church for the first time. I knew that they would have to take a tour. Anyway. We for the meat ther at 5:15 - unsliced and un-pulled. The kitchen crew descended upon us asking, basically, "is it ready yet" every couple of minutes. A couple took little sample bites and one said, " this is great, how long did it take -I bet a couple of hours, at least." I just smiled and said, "yeah, at least a couple of hours..." Karen said, "yeah, he started cooking really early this morning, but prepping last night." They just couldn't believe BBQ took that long."

I mean, I do cook Hot and Fast, but not THAT HOT AND FAST. :)

I can honestly say, the flavor was spot on, but the meat just didn't get cooked quite long enough. It kinda hurt to serve subpar food, but they liked it. I haven't heard from any of them today. I hope I didn't kill then. Ha

Sorry, just saw this thread although I did see your FB post.
Dan everything looks great and just like good que, with time, patience and your guidence Drew will become a great pit master. As said earlier we are typically overly critical of our products, yet our guests absolutely rave about it.
Love seeing you in action again brother. :thumb:

Sorry, just saw this thread although I did see your FB post.
Dan everything looks great and just like good que, with time, patience and your guidence Drew will become a great pit master. As said earlier we are typically overly critical of our products, yet our guests absolutely rave about it.
Love seeing you in action again brother. :thumb:

QFT! I can't tell you how many butts I've been absolutely disappointed in, only to hear all my guests tell me I'm crazy and it was perfect. Such is the life of the Q I suppose.

Ribs look great btw, makes me want to thaw some out for this weekend.

I agree that we are always our own worst critic. Last couple of briskets, one not tender enough, the other a little too long and starting to fall apart at the edges. But the friends that ate it thought it was the best meat they had ever had.

Keep working with the Son. He'll get there. And then the two of you can have cook offs when you get your new cooker... :wink:

Awesome Dan! Great seeing your smile again too, love it!! :hug::thumb:

Dang Dan looks like you and your son nailed it!!!

Real glad to see you out of the bed and getting to enjoy what you love to do.

I'm sure it was real good, Brother we always think what we have done could be better.

This is fantastic, too bad I'm so late to the party. I agree with everyone, you look great, it's wonderful to see you in a chair with that big smile and hunk of meat, the food looks delicious and I agree, we are our own worst critic. Which means it was an awesome meal! I would have been honoured to sit at your table, brother.

Back