Myrtle Beach Bachelor Party

SouthJerseyJoe

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
first post - and I hate to already ask something of the brethren without having first provided anything - but its a shot in the dark to make this weekend memorable

Next weekend i'm headed down to myrtle beach for a long weekend bachelor party - Wed 8/13 - Mon 8/18 - wondering if the brethren has any recommendations for me - we'd actually like to BBQ ourselves at the house we rented on the beach - but in reading the reviews - the condition of the grill at this house scares me - and I think its probably a small family grill. I'll need to be producing delicious meats for a dozen or so guys - so...

1. Any thoughts as to where I could rent a smoker locally? This is my biggest concern - the bachelor is the purveyor of hothothot.com and I know would really enjoy some authentic home made smoked meats

2. Local Butcher - or at least the best local market to get stuff

We have a house in Myrtle but live in Georgia. I haven't ever bought meat for BBQ'ing there other than Sam's club. I am sending my buddy a message to see if he knows of a kick butt butcher shop. I have recommendations for food though.

Rockefellers Oyster Bar in North Myrtle. Homemade everything. Even has a sandwich named after my buddy. The Willenator

When I found out about the butcher shop I'll report back.

I do know that the Sam's club there sells whole brisket packers, and a lot of people buy their competition butts and ribs from Sams, so you should be OK there.

Considering it's for a dozen peeps I wouldn't rule out buying a WSM for BBQ duty. Easy to transport and may be worth it once you figure in the cost and hassle of renting plus the stranger danger factor of using a pit that you have no idea of what its been through.

Oh...and I TOO am interested in hearing of any good butchers in the area.

Considering it's for a dozen peeps I wouldn't rule out buying a WSM for BBQ duty. Easy to transport and may be worth it once you figure in the cost and hassle of renting plus the stranger danger factor of using a pit that you have no idea of what its been through.

Oh...and I TOO am interested in hearing of any good butchers in the area.

yeah I haven't ruled out buying one down there - but i wouldn't have any option of bringing it home as I'm flying - wonder if I can talk to the home owner and ask if it's something we can get some kick back on the house rental...i'll explore that option

My friend said there is a butcher in Conway, SC just outside of myrtle beach (10 minutes) that is supposed to be the go to place. Half cow, whole hogs, etc. Full service butcher shop. He is going to ask around to try to find out. If I had a pit, I would bring it for you.

If you guys want to go out for steak check out Angelo's. It's the best steak on the strip. Ask the locals.

all of the above noted - thanks guy - no word from the home owner - it doesn't sound like he'd be willing to pay towards a grill - so I'm thinking about just buying something decent - not a ton of $$ - < $200 - and maybe i'll try to put a craigslist add up same time to sell it afterwards - this all seems like a headache - but worst case scenario we throw away $10 -$20/person on buying a pit to have the weekend we're hoping for

was just looking at the below - $179 - gets the job done for the weekend I think -

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Brinkmann-Smoke-N-Pit-Charcoal-Smoker-810-3045-SB/203679870?N=5yc1vZbx92

It would work fine Im sure. Still no word about the butcher. That Sam's club is great though.

Back