butt and ribs on the bandera

morgan-que

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Well after a couple of trial runs on the bandera, I will be doing a butt and a slab of St. Louis cut ribs. Learned a little on my first 2 runs.

pics to come or shouls i say Pron!!

And not to worry, pics to come.

Looks like a great start. Have you done any of the mods to your cooker yet. I am anxious to see how this cook turns out. I think I want to build a bandera clone.

mods so far

Looks like a great start. Have you done any of the mods to your cooker yet. I am anxious to see how this cook turns out. I think I want to build a bandera clone.

i have done baffle mod, fire basket, high-temp silicone gasket on smoke box, and header wrap gasket on smoke box lid and door.

Fellow modified Bandera owner, here. Good luck on the cook. Looking forward to some after pictures.

ok, I have stared at bbq long enough.. time to eat!! more pics to follow.

wow those look really good. i've never done ribs on my bandera yet.. haven't used it much since that 11 hour pork butt cook lol.. 11 hours of tending the fire was a bit exhausting (well I started too late)

wow those look really good. i've never done ribs on my bandera yet.. haven't used it much since that 11 hour pork butt cook lol.. 11 hours of tending the fire was a bit exhausting (well I started too late)

Well the butt was 13 hrs and yes tending this fire is no joke. I have been so spoiled by by stick-burner for so many years, I only have to tend to it every 6 hrs. The bandera, 1 1/2 - 2 hrs, got a few ideas in mind besides charcoal basket.

excellent job ....here are some off my bandera WOhHoo !

Love this thing !!

Attachments

• ribs1.jpg
    ribs1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 78
  • bandera11.jpg
    bandera11.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 78
This was my last cook on the bandera:

2a616o9.jpg

2vwi5bp.jpg

2qunj4h.jpg