Bought a little new toy...

crimsonaudio

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Taking a two week vacation at Rosemary Beach, FL and was pleasantly surprised that grilling isn't banned, unlike most places we stay when we travel. So I promptly drove to my nearest Lowes and picked up a little Weber Smokey Joe Silver and have been extremely pleased with it - made some of the best burgers I've ever cooked tonight! I really had low expectation for such a cheap little (seriously, it's tiny) kettle, but as usual, Weber does it right.

Proudly add this to my Silver One-Touch Kettle, WSM, and Genesis gasser collection. Fantastic little portable grill, imo.

That's how I ended up with a smokey joe... modded mine into a mini wsm ... highly recommend it. Easy to do and totally worth it.

Hrmm, mini-WSM. Hadn't even considered that, yet. Brilliant.

Here's the toy, just before the maiden voyage:

SmokeyJoe.jpg

Gonna grill some fresh mahi-mahi tonight, will try to remember to take pics.

Smoky Joe's are great for camping. I also modded mine into a mini. I can cook two racks of ribs at a time by cutting them into thirds. They are great little chicken cookers too. Love it!

Taking a two week vacation at Rosemary Beach, FL and was pleasantly surprised that grilling isn't banned, unlike most places we stay when we travel. So I promptly drove to my nearest Lowes and picked up a little Weber Smokey Joe Silver and have been extremely pleased with it - made some of the best burgers I've ever cooked tonight! I really had low expectation for such a cheap little (seriously, it's tiny) kettle, but as usual, Weber does it right.

Proudly add this to my Silver One-Touch Kettle, WSM, and Genesis gasser collection. Fantastic little portable grill, imo.
All of those beach towns on 30A are cool.. ever eat at BareFoot BBQ.:clap2:

Grilled some mahi-mahi and salmon on the Smokey Junior tonight - turned out perfect!

SmokeyJoe_MahiSalmon.jpg

Sorry, no pics of bikini-clad wimmens, wife wouldn't approve.

Back