• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help at World Pork Expo in Des Moines, IA

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Randy and I are looking for a hired hand for catering at the World Pork Expo in Des Moines on June 5, 6, & 7. Willing to pay someone each day to help in the kitchen and around the smokers.

In addition to catering a full meal on June 5 & 6 for 250 each day, we have to serve pork loin for 700 on June 5 & June 6 and pork loin for 400 on June 7. The kind of help we are looking for is mostly someone to man the slicer for the 45+ pork loins we'll have to cook on June 5 & 6. June 7 is the contest, so we need someone to manage and slice pork loin while we tend to our contest entries.

We are also looking for another smoker to rent or borrow in Des Moines on June 5 & 6. Needs to be a pretty good capacity.

PM me if you are interested.

Let me see if I can get the time off to help. I also have the Good-One here that you could use. It would work best for the loins. I cooked loins on it in April and it work well for that. PM if you are interested.

Let me see if I can get the time off to help. I also have the Good-One here that you could use. It would work best for the loins. I cooked loins on it in April and it work well for that. PM if you are interested.

I was hoping that Bryan would chime in. His smoker is a great one. Nice even temps. I cooked a couple loads of jerkey on it. :icon_cool

I would love to help you Todd, but I'm cooking a benefit on that Saturday. Good luck. I'll try to get down and see ya.

I forgot about your Good One. What you have is what we started cooking on. Would be like old times.

Let me know when you need it and I will bring it down. I forgot to mention this is an older model that has 5 racks, 4 large and 1 small at the top.

Hey Todd. Just looked at my schedule and my benefit cook is the following weekend. I bet I could free up some time to come help if you need it. I won't charge anything, your pork secrets will be payment enough.:wink:

Thanks to all who have offered cookers and a hand. You all are the bestest. Let me get finished lining up for the GAB this weekend, and I'll reach out to you.

Damn! I wanted an excuse to come get some of that burger that Eddy and Ray are cooking!

Jorge, the airport is not that far away. 20 minutes in bad traffic. Easy pick-up and drop-off.

Back