Dallas BBQ joints

Texan79423

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I will be in Dallas all week for training classes . What to die for, have to try, must have BBQ joint do I have to try? Was told to try the Hard 8 BBQ.

I have done Pecan Lodge a couple of time and was not that impressed. What is their deal with (only) the craft beer and no whiskey? Give me Crown of a coors, please.

Gong to one of favorites as well - Hook Line and Sinker.

Hook, Line, Sinker is a fun place. For BBQ, my favorite in Dallas is Lockhart Smokehouse on West Davis.

Thanks Sawbones. I tried a Lockharts up north of dallas once had some really good sausage

Been down in Irving for training a few times. Hard 8 in Coppel was pretty good, on Friday on the way back to DFW, I always stop at North Main BBQ in Euless for lunch, about 15min SW of the airport. Little hole in the wall only open on weekends, all you can eat, but actually pretty decent que and it's always packed.

I've been to Hard 8 a couple of times while visiting Dallas. It's got a really cool setup and the food is pretty good.

If you get around Richardson area try ten50 off 75& Arapaho, like it a lot better then the hard 8 crap. There is also slow bone around the arts district I here is good. Have not gone there yet.

Last edited:
Angelo's in Fort Worth. It also has the coldest beer you've ever had.

Railhead and Coopers are also both very good.

I went to a place called "3" Stacks in Frisco a few weeks ago...Good beers, and I really liked the smoked turkey..pulled pork was ehh...and the brisket was good.

Try Smoke, either west of downtown or in Plano. Not a traditional bbq joint but everything is cooked over a wood fire. Really good but not cheap :)

Thanks men

Going to try bones place first as I am close
Then the ten50 heard it was good as well

Last time I did pecan lodge the brisket was over smoked their pits were belching white smoke so bad the guy tending had in a respirator and googles
You could not see across the pit room.

Could of been an off day I guess

Well out of Dallas, but if you end up near McKinney, try Hutchins.
Heard good things about Woody B's in Richardson, but they only sell packed to go stuff, so I never tried it.

I'll second Hutchins in McKinney. Depending on the time of day, it only takes about twenty minutes to get up there from Dallas.

Haven't been to any Dallas joints lately except for Hutchins in McKinney (30 miles north of Dallas) but I sent a PM to Chris (sliding_billy) for some recommendations for you. Chris really knows his BBQ.

Here's the link for Hutchins: http://hutchinsbbq.com/

Going to hit slow bones tonight. Dallas is having tons if wrecks this morning
More than usual due to wet weather

It's been a few years, but North Main BBQ in Euless was pretty damn good. It's BYOB also. A buddy of mine and I went while in town buying a bass boat. Guy I purchased my boat from recommended it and it surely didn't disappoint..

Back