22 lb Brisket going down tomorrow on the Shirley

tgstrang

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well I rounded up a bit....but still 21.8lbs, yeah buddy! Next biggest one they had a Costco was a 13lber. I still can't believe this thing is only 3/4th the size of Jason's famous 28lber. Hell it hardly fits in my fridge. We are having a little get together tomorrow night. I've got they day off work to cook this bad boy and about 12 lbs of wings....can't wait. I will post live pics tomorrow as I go....
IMG_0018 by Thomas Strang, on Flickr
IMG_0016 2 by Thomas Strang, on Flickr

oh dear... what time you planning on putting it on and at what temp?

sounds like a nice cook. looking forward to how long that takes to cook. hope that cryo doesn't leak. that's a pita to cleanup and the wife doesn't like blood all over her fridge for some reason.:shock:

edit: who is this jason you speak of:confused:

oh dear... what time you planning on putting it on and at what temp?

Somewhere between 275-325, thinking 6-8 hours. We are eating around 7ish so I think it will go on the Shirley somewhere around 9am. Maybe 8am so I'm no rushing....always better to finish early IMO and hold it in the warmer for an hour or two.

Somewhere between 275-325, thinking 6-8 hours. We are eating around 7ish so I think it will go on the Shirley somewhere around 9am. Maybe 8am so I'm no rushing....always better to finish early IMO and hold it in the warmer for an hour or two.

gotta love brisket. i cooked 2 last weekend. the 14LB one cooked in about 8 hours at 275 and the 8LB one took 12 hours.:crazy: in all fairness the big was a prime.

I'd give up large briskets to have full packers at my Costco :-D. And prime?! I'd lose my mind at that price.

I do have a 29lber coming though :shock:. I love Costco wings. Already separated and cheap.

$60 for that honker? I'm a little jealous...ok a lot jealous, would easily be twice that price here, probably more.

Nice!

Sure wish Costco wasn't so far away from me.

You sure there's not two inside that sucker?!?

Good luck! And good night! Get some sleep!

Side note--I was just at O'fallon Brewery on Tuesday. Love their 5 day IPA.

sounds like a nice cook. looking forward to how long that takes to cook. hope that cryo doesn't leak. that's a pita to cleanup and the wife doesn't like blood all over her fridge for some reason.:shock:

edit: who is this jason you speak of:confused:

I dont mess with her fridge any more....got my own in the garage for Beer and meat. :thumb:

I'd just like to see a brisket that big in real life.

My wife sent me a text and asked if we were cooking this weekend so I said yes. Get some pork and a brisket out of the freezer....I come home to find a 19.8lb brisket and two normal pork butts to cook. I did not even know she bought one that big. One pork but will be cut up in chunks, marinated and done with the Goya marinade. The other just normal seasoning but holy crap I have not done a 20 lbs brisket in a long time. Better go get more beer.

Back