Boshizzle's upcoming book

Well based on his posts I've seen here, I'll buy it the day it comes out. Great stuff!

Sounds like a great book on Virginia BBQ. If North Carolina 'Q is your thing, check out my friend's book "[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Holy-Smoke-North-Carolina-Barbecue/dp/080783243X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1462466528&sr=8-2&keywords=holy+smoke"]Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue: John Shelton Reed, Dale Volberg Reed, William McKinney: 8582031999994: Amazon.com: Books@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61YO4BMvALL.@@AMEPARAM@@61YO4BMvALL[/ame]".

Sounds like a great book on Virginia BBQ. If North Carolina 'Q is your thing, check out my friend's book "Holy Smoke: The Big Book of North Carolina Barbecue: John Shelton Reed, Dale Volberg Reed, William McKinney: 8582031999994: Amazon.com: Books".

Ordered this & pre-ordered the book in the OP.

Sad to say, despite growing up in NC, I haven't given Virginia barbecue even a passing thought. I'm looking forward to learning about it. Will be visiting VA in a few weeks, so will make a point of trying out some of the local barbecue.

Thanks, both of you, for the heads-up on these books.

-John

This is great! The Shack Attack thread got me interested in Virginia BBQ and I really enjoy Boshizzle's blog. I'll definitely buy this book.

Boshizz is more of a scholar than you can imagine, I've seen much of the book, it is incredibly well researched, and has enough references, in it's unedited form, it could have been a history textbook.

be nice to have something other than butcher paper to help start my fires :laugh:

I'm local, read that article today, and did not know that it was a Brethren. I almost posted a link here to the article.

Bo posts some great historical articles and stories here, which I have always enjoyed.

Great article.

Wishing you success with the book Bo.

I've tried some of his sauce recipes, very good.

What I enjoy reading about are regional food traditions.

Back