NO smoke BBQ ,what next ?

That's old I think that happened about a year ago, a fairly lengthy thread on here even.

I heard about the Frankin thing and thought that was shelved....killed. I wasn't aware this happened somewhere else. Yet another sign the apocalypse is getting closer....

This is insane. Guess they'll have to shut down all the petro refineries and chemical plants too. Then we can all walk to work, oh they'll be shut down too. Maybe we can import our BBQ from Mexico....

Wow. And we have have people on public salaries enforcing these kind of things...

Nothing but farms and private minded people in my town. I can only imagine anyone coming to enforce "no-bbq" laws would have to wear the appropriate plate bearing vests to the party.

Well no smoke BBQ is a staple of Vicecks in Waco those Souther Pride pits never see a wood split.

This doesn't surprise me. When we moved to our current home, no HOA, the fire department was called on us several times. Everytime was because of charcoal smoke. Fortunately I work EMS, and I knew the crews that were coming out. Nothing ever came of it, on my end. The habitual caller was spoken to, by the fire department, and it hasn't happened since.

Matt

It is very real. It happened in St Petersburg, Fl . The guy the code enforcement was called on is a friend of the family. She has called in twice. The second time criminal charges was filed on her. She became physical. Some laws are very stupid and it's sad someone would waste the time of the inspector for nonsense.

It takes all types to make the world go round.........stupid

Here in California we have certain days designated as "Spare the Air" days, based on certain air quality measurements. I believe that if my neighbors got their panties in a wad, they could probably report me and my smoker.

There is also a greater movement out there by the bleeding heart environmentalist liberals out here to ban outdoor "grilling" activites altogether...

http://downtrend.com/71superb/sf-bay-area-to-consider-banning-backyard-bbqing

I don't have to tell my fellow Brethren here what I think about all of this ridiculousness.

Here in California we have certain days designated as "Spare the Air" days, based on certain air quality measurements. I believe that if my neighbors got their panties in a wad, they could probably report me and my smoker.

There is also a greater movement out there by the bleeding heart environmentalist liberals out here to ban outdoor "grilling" activites altogether...

GOOD GOD man.....that's so crazy. What happened to that state? California used to be such a cool place until they they started with stupid sh*t like this.....

Last edited:

I don't have to tell my fellow Brethren here what I think about all of this ridiculousness.

Cooking fires and charcoal are exempt from Spare the Air, though "discouraged".

Back