Mac n cheese for 125

bwram1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got a gig coming up soon and have lost my sides guy so I'll be handling the entire cook. Menu is pulled, beans, mac, slaw and rolls (not buns). Assuming 3 oz portions of mac plus at least half of the people coming back for more...How much Mac should I be cooking? I did a trial run of 1 lb of uncooked elbows and it filled a half size pan. I was guessing that I could get by with 4 full size pans...8 lbs uncooked. Am I in the ballpark? Should I go with 5 instead?

Thanks in advance.

Brad

A half pan should hold 20 servings depending on the depth. I just did a similar cook minus the beans for 100 and went through 5 half pans, had one back up pan just in case it went over 100. It was a served line not a self serve.

A half pan should hold 20 servings depending on the depth. I just did a similar cook minus the beans for 100 and went through 5 half pans, had one back up pan just in case it went over 100. It was a served line not a self serve.

So based on that, it appears I am in the ballpark with 4 full/8 half pans. We are serving...not a self-serve. Portions will be as follows: pork 6oz; beans, mac and slaw 3oz each...using 3oz ice cream scoops for consistency.

Thanks for the reply.

Back