Brisket on sale at HEB

Smokin J's PIts

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If any of my fellow brethren are around an HEB, you may want to stop by and check out the brisket, they are on sale here in College Station for 1.77/LB for the weekend, and its not advertised. I have picked up 6 so far, if my wife will let me I want to get 4 more.

Last edited:
Buddy at work was just tellin me about this!!

Gnna see if I can get me a few :thumb:

I have never bought brisket but that seems to be a great price. No HEB near me.

That is redonkulous.. I was just in the Bryan Walmart and noticed a Choice priced at 2.49lb, but 1.77 is just greatness. I'll probably head over to HEB tomorrow... Assuming you haven't bought them all SmokinJ.

That is redonkulous.. I was just in the Bryan Walmart and noticed a Choice priced at 2.49lb, but 1.77 is just greatness. I'll probably head over to HEB tomorrow... Assuming you haven't bought them all SmokinJ.
you should be ok, when i was there this morning, they had about 80 of them at the one on Fitch & 6, the guy working there said they were getting more every day, so my dent of 10 wont hurt that much.

Are they select only? I bought a freezer full last year when walmart did their $1.77 sale. Right now I have 8 choice and prime in the freezer. Might be able to fit 1 more in the inside freezer. I don't cook a lot of select anymore but at less than $20 each they are hard to pass up.

Fark! I don't see it in the ads for Bastrop, or Austin...:confused::mad:

Well,.. I'll be in Houston on Sat. I'll have to belly up to the bin then.:grin: But then again,.. you said yours wasn't advertised either... guess it's off to the store to make some sense of it all.

Poppa Bear wants discount Brisket !! Thanks again bub !

Fark! I don't see it in the ads for Bastrop, or Austin...:confused::mad:

Well,.. I'll be in Houston on Sat. I'll have to belly up to the bin then.:grin: But then again,.. you said yours wasn't advertised either... guess it's off to the store to make some sense of it all.

Poppa Bear wants discount Brisket !! Thanks again bub !

I checked the online add and it was on there, just not advertised in the store flyer

Are they select only? I bought a freezer full last year when walmart did their $1.77 sale. Right now I have 8 choice and prime in the freezer. Might be able to fit 1 more in the inside freezer. I don't cook a lot of select anymore but at less than $20 each they are hard to pass up.

Its just their ordinary untrimmed packers

Look carefully in the pile of brisket for choice grade marked at 1.77. My sugar land HEB had two choice briskest in the mix that I just purchased. Certainly worth a few minutes of digging every one of them out of the case.

Granbury HEB ran this a couple weeks ago. Had tons of choice packers at 1.77

Went to the HEB here and price was $2.98 per lb. Walmart: $2.47 per lb. Will check tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to do a look see in my neck of the woods.
:clap2:

2.97 here.....will check early tomorrow morning, before the crowds get there. My freezer is brisketless :wacko:

Back