2 quick and easy beer can chicken

rolf

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
The kids demanded chicken, so I went to our local poultry vendor. They only got tough scrawny chicken that they kill on the spot. Since their tough, beer can chicken is the way to grill them.
Cleaned them, rubbed a generic rub, put the braces in the grate and filled the beer "tanks".

Attachments

• chicken1.jpg
    chicken1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 196
  • chicken2.jpg
    chicken2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 196
  • chicken3.jpg
    chicken3.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Slid the chicken onto the holder and closed the neck cavity with a cherry tomato. Then I put the lid on, vents about half open.
About an hour later they were done.

Attachments

• chickens1.jpg
    chickens1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 193
  • chickens2.jpg
    chickens2.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 195
A tug and the wings came off. I was quite happy with the results, if only I could find a better place to buy chicken.

Attachments

• chickens3.jpg
    chickens3.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 195
  • chickens4.jpg
    chickens4.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 195
Even though they are smallish; compared to what we have in the U.S.
they still look very good.
What other meats do you BBQ/Grill there in China?

Plenty of fish, and pork I'm sure; anything else interesting?

Thanks for the input, the chicken are tough, so beer can chicken is the only way to bbq them. We usually do lots of pork, especially loin and shoulder, bones are more expensive than the meat so hardly ever ribs. The good beef usually comes from Australia, soso local beef is from Mongolia, I smoke a lot of beef in my BGE, and the good imported cuts go on the cast iron grate. Burgers and imported german Bratwurst for parties and of course pizzas and breads. I bake bread in the kamado about every second day, and have never bothered getting an oven.
Smoking and grilling is the perfect way to have staple foods in "exotic" places.

Concerning interesting foods, I am not a big fan, but my kids eat lots of duck and chicken heads and feet. Grilled duck necks is big with the chinese.
Occasionaly mussels and oysters, but I usually skip the local fish.

Looks tasty to me, too bad they are a little tough. I would have expected that you could get good chicken in China.

Back