LSG Mini vs LSG Standard help before order

Burnt to a T

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
If you could pick between these two different optioned out smokers which would you do, and why. I'm trying to order today.

If I order the Mini

LSG "Mini"
Side table
Comp Cart
Extra Rails x 3
Extra Racks x 3
SS handle non cart side
Heat Deflector
T Plates

If I order the Standard

LSG "Standard"
Comp Cart
Extra Rails x 3
Extra Racks x 1
Heat Deflector

I want to be able to cook for 30-50+ people easy with a few side, apps, and the meat itself. Both are withing $200 of one another.

The Mini is loaded the Standard will still have options needed to buy later. I'm trying to see if he will toss in an extra cooking grate on the standard, and the mini he has already stated he would toss in a few items, but I added the side shelf so I'm not sure what he will do for that.

If you have the room, get the standard. You can always cook smaller if you want with the standard but...you know the saying.

I wasn't really sure if I'd need the standard or Mini, I went with the standard because the price difference was negligible and I figured if I was pending that much money, I didn't want to say "I wish I would have...." later on. Having said that, I missed the competition cart by about a month, :-( I would have probably chosen that for sure...

Think of it like buying a gun safe, you will always wish you went bigger.

Well I tried to order today. Don't have any way to call long distance. Left my number via email, but no one called back. Hope to get it done tomorrow. I went with the standard.

Chris almost convinced me to switch to the Mini. said he sells about 60% standard 40% Mini

I just figured I would regret it if I did the Mini, and I don't like eating crow when everyone tried to tell me otherwise.

I went with this setup just to order may add a few small items before its over.

LSG "Standard"
Comp Cart
Extra Rails x 3
Extra Racks x 1
Heat Deflector

Well I tried to order today. Don't have any way to call long distance. Left my number via email, but no one called back. Hope to get it done tomorrow. I went with the standard.

Chris almost convinced me to switch to the Mini. said he sells about 60% standard 40% Mini

I just figured I would regret it if I did the Mini, and I don't like eating crow when everyone tried to tell me otherwise.

I went with this setup just to order may add a few small items before its over.

LSG "Standard"
Comp Cart
Extra Rails x 3
Extra Racks x 1
Heat Deflector

That will work fine for what you are wanting to do.

That is exactly what I would have suggested you do. You can always add the other things down the road.

Congratulations!!

I sent a email Friday, came home to a estimate 15 minutes ago. Got a call while figuring out a elevation problem right after lunch. Amber is a really nice lady.
Anyways I ordered the standard with the same options as you minus the extra rack, but with the tie downs. For the record 10 weeks is an "estimate" just so you know....love that cart!
Congrats T

-D

I sent a email Friday, came home to a estimate 15 minutes ago. Got a call while figuring out a elevation problem right after lunch. Amber is a really nice lady.
Anyways I ordered the standard with the same options as you minus the extra rack, but with the tie downs. For the record 10 weeks is an "estimate" just so you know....love that cart!
Congrats T

-D

I think 13 weeks is closer to what it will be unless they are catching up.

So what guru would people get? Don't care about Wifi. Is 1 meat probe enough vs the 3 the Wifi model has? Wish they offered multiple probes on the non wifi model.

Probably I was told 10-12, It'll be an agonizing wait regardless.

-D

My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon, 14 weeks and 6 days from date of order...yes, a long hard wait.

I hear that, and truly understand. Your smoker should be there just in time to create a wonderful welcome meal!

I debating back and forth between the 2, and am glad I chose the regular. I have learned to use that space rather easily and put it to good use.

I would make one suggestion, get at least one SS handle. I have them on my DEB and it is hard to move it around on my driveway, it has a slope. I would not want to do it without one of those handles to hold onto. Also, the DEB is much lighter.

I would make one suggestion, get at least one SS handle. I have them on my DEB and it is hard to move it around on my driveway, it has a slope. I would not want to do it without one of those handles to hold onto. Also, the DEB is much lighter.

It actually comes with one if you order the cart, and you can add the other later on at any time to the LSG if you want one on each side.

On the Humphrey's Chad said they have to be done during the build, and can't be added as an option later because they add extra support during the build under the thin outer skin. I also feel its a good idea to get them on any of them if nothing else to hang towels etc. off of them. Not to mention pushing, and pulling.

Chris did say his can be added any time because of the construction thickness of the smoker 11GA. Thats why I let it slide for later to see how things go. The cart also comes with 10" casters standard. The cart should help transfer weight as well.

That is one reason I was looking more into the Qube'd option of Humphrey's not as top heavy, and a bit more stable IMO. Also why I like the width in the standard LSG a wider stance for weight transfer. maybe I'm totally wrong, but that was part of my thinking anyway.

I didn't opt for the fold down table for $250 dollars because I plan on getting a stand alone SS prep table to set next to it. I can get a 24"x 36" for under $200. I haven't looked at all the sizes, but they are all easy to come by.

Last edited:
Back