Contest Announcment Smokin' at The Ballpark Old Orchard Beach, ME

• Thread starter Lakeside Smoker
  • Start date
Any word on how many teams they have?

I'm not sure. But a $200 entry fee and $7500 in prize money, I'm sure they were expecting a lot of teams.

Also, the application says: no motor homes. I emailed them and they said that we could bring motor homes.

-Mike

Meat and Three will be there. :wink:

Just for the sake of curiosity there's a 5th category where the organizer is supplying a lobster (I'm assuming a live one). What kinds of things do teams do with lobsters? Anything to watch out for?

Just for the sake of curiosity there's a 5th category where the organizer is supplying a lobster (I'm assuming a live one). What kinds of things do teams do with lobsters? Anything to watch out for?

Just don't smoke it! :-D

I just sent in my entry form.... see ya there

bump, teams needed. $200, $7500 prize money. 15 teams needed for the event to happen.

Yep...they're still short about 7 teams as of now. So if you're interested, get those apps in. From what I understand, they're going to give it until Friday before they call it.

Just remember, the less teams, the better chance of getting a call, but we need 15 teams just to do the contest!

I can't believe a comp with a $200 entry fee and has $7500 in prize money is having a hard time getting teams. :confused: Also, the sites are 30' X 40'.

-Mike

Yep...they're still short about 7 teams as of now. So if you're interested, get those apps in. From what I understand, they're going to give it until Friday before they call it.

Just remember, the less teams, the better chance of getting a call, but we need 15 teams just to do the contest!

Is this contest for professionals or amateurs or both? :roll: All kidding aside its a very slim chance but im trying to make this

Is this contest for professionals or amateurs or both? :roll: All kidding aside its a very slim chance but im trying to make this

Sled,

It would be great to see you there! And yes, this contest is open to "ALL" teams, there is no designation any where in the aplication or on the website to indicate otherwise!!!

tell me more about how the lobster fits in, please.

it's far for me, but am raring to go.

troy is a long time away!

tell me more about how the lobster fits in, please.

it's far for me, but am raring to go.

troy is a long time away!

It's a fifth category. It's optional, but they give you the lobster free to cook.

Call the organizer right away if you are coming!

-Mike

Back