Big Beautiful Bandera Butts

Oh while I was out at harbor freight buying the magnetic shelf and manual slider log splitter tool, I also picked up a headlamp for $3 (was there on display at checkout). Thought it'd be nice for doing bbq at night to keep hands free. I did use it and it worked last night. But I wish it was brighter. There are some high lumen output ones on ebay from china for like $6.. probably better than this. This one runs off 2 x AA batteries which is fine with me since I have a zillion AA eneloop rechargeables that seem to last forever.

Here is one of my favorite kiddos (my niece) modeling it for me :)

122eps0.jpg

By the way she thought the little smokey joe was adorable and wanted to know if she could have it for her birthday :) Thing is I was already thinking about giving it to her and her sister like a week or so ago. She sit it next to the Mini WSM and said the Mini WSM was the momma and the smokey joe was the baby. And then the 18.5 WSM was the poppa. lol cute. I definitely want to have her bbq on the smokey joe some time, with my supervision. We'd cook some hot dogs & burgers or something.

Oh while I was out at harbor freight buying the magnetic shelf and manual slider log splitter tool, I also picked up a headlamp for $3 (was there on display at checkout). Thought it'd be nice for doing bbq at night to keep hands free. I did use it and it worked last night. But I wish it was brighter. There are some high lumen output ones on ebay from china for like $6.. probably better than this. This one runs off 2 x AA batteries which is fine with me since I have a zillion AA eneloop rechargeables that seem to last forever.

Here is one of my favorite kiddos (my niece) modeling it for me :)

122eps0.jpg

By the way she thought the little smokey joe was adorable and wanted to know if she could have it for her birthday :) Thing is I was already thinking about giving it to her and her sister like a week or so ago. She sit it next to the Mini WSM and said the Mini WSM was the momma and the smokey joe was the baby. And then the 18.5 WSM was the poppa. lol cute. I definitely want to have her bbq on the smokey joe some time, with my supervision. We'd cook some hot dogs & burgers or something.

If you are into wearing a hat, you might try the 5 LED hat clip. It's $6 at HF.

image_16774.jpg

Yes mam (it's a southern thing), that is some good looking butt? Like the shelf a lot, really neat addition. Really happy your restored bandera is working for you:thumb:

Nice looking pork... As for the late night cook, this is why I'll probably never own a stick burner and why I bought the IQ for my WSM. I NEED my beauty sleep, even if it is 3 or 4 hours at a time...

This is why I built a UDS, i've done multiple overnight cooks without the temp budging, no IQ no guru!

That butt looks delicious! :thumb:

Back