Discussion Thread -> "Legs!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Our new TD category is..."Legs!"

DSC_1141_zps3e1c4195.jpg

This was Oldyote's entry in the 2013 Legs Throwdown

As chosen by ssv3 for winning the "Bigabyte's McRib!" Throwdown.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

ssv3 said:
For the next TD I'm thinking a Leg of....Lamb, Pork, Chicken, Frog, whatever leg you can cook up or incorporate into a dish. Just to clarify, it can be cooked as a whole, half, part and bone-in or boneless.
You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 6/3/16 through the entry submission deadline of 12pm (NOON), Central US Time on Monday 6/13/16.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 12 p.m. (NOON) Central US Time on Monday 6/13/16

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns...

This thread is for all entries and general discussion of the category.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
***Don't forget: [FONT=&quot]O
ur prize sponsor for Q[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]2
201[FONT=&quot]6
is [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Snake River Farms
, who is awarding all U.S. T[FONT=&quot]hrowdown
[FONT=&quot]winners through Q2 of 2016 a
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Northwest Beef Boneless Prime Rib Roast valued at $159![FONT=&quot] Each roast weighs approx. 6.5 lbs. Aged 28 days and hand cut by a master butcher.
:clap2:
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:
Ah your kidding me! I just cooked chicken legs last weekend :twitch:

I gotta get back into these things.

Gonna try this one.

This TD is NOT limited to chicken legs, plus you have 10 days to cook up something leg-related. :thumb:

Yeah I saw that. But if Sako would have secretly given me a heads up I could have saved the chicken legs for this weekend and did something fancy with them...lol. :becky::becky::becky:

I have no idea what you said there but I'm pretty sure you just called me a Tard! :boxing:

Lol......:becky:

Hahahaa

Funny because I thought I hope Andrew don't think I call him a tard.:becky:

It means " Mr.? Not too late" in French. :grin:

I got legs

Been cooking on the Weber go-anywhere for lunch at the job site this week. The old thing it jerry rigged but gets it done all the same.

Today i cooked chicken legs seasoned lightly with Tony C's and reheated mac and cheese. Sure beats fast food lunch.

Please accept this as my humble return to the TDs and an official entry into the legs throwdown

My entry in the Legs Throwdown

As usual, my entry is kind of an accident. I was in Krogers, and was checking out the marked down meat and they had turkey legs.
before_zpsiqskymeb.jpg

Came home and discovered there was a legs throwdown. So, what the heck.
I pulled down the skin and rubbed them with some free seasoning that Penzeys sent my wife, and pulled the skin back up.
seasoned_zpsl24wemod.jpg

and onto a 350 deg kettle until they hit 180 deg.
Please use this photo
finished_zpsjbl3skop.jpg

My Official Entry into the "Legs!" TD

Here's my entry into the "Legs!" TD...

The full cook thread is HERE

I cooked part of a beef leg, aka beef shank:

AHipHxbh.jpg

I rubbed it, smoked it, and wrapped it until it was pull apart tender:

E8ZDjogh.jpg

Rescued the little spoonful of marrow from the bone:

oBQlOffh.jpg

And plated it over rice with some cherry tomato sauteed in anchovy butter. I almost instinctively stuck the spoon with the marrow into my mouth as soon as I saw it, but I decided to make a little foil platform for it and present it with the bone as part of the plated dish:

Please use this photo as my polling pic

T6f6WIrh.jpg

Check out the full cook thread for more pics:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231600

Thanks for looking! :thumb:

Last edited:
I'd like to change my entry please

Please disregard my previous entry. This is my official entry.

While i did like my at work drumsticks the pic didn't compete with the high level of legs entries here.

I did mayo slathered thighs on the 007 bird barrel all wood cooker.

First id like to announce a change of personnel to team Ninja. Weige has moved on from his role as sous chef. He has just been too busy hunting all the rabbits in the new neighborhood. He will stay on the team in a different role. His title now is officially taste testor and quality control.

His replacement is young and inexperienced but he's got guts...

Introducing Bruno.

We'll have to work on the running off with the splits.

Now down to business.

Roto thighs slathered in mayo. The thighs were half frozen but i was hungry so on they went. The spun for just about an hour but it was lower heat at the end. So simple, no trimming or scraping. No flipping or moving. Its almost impossible to fark up a roto cook.

With some mustard taterz salad. I don't like the lighting in my kitchen for pics

I like this for my polling pic.

Thanks for looking

Back