My VA BBQ Championship Experience w/ pron

Great post!
Congrats on getting a call on your 1st comp!

Thank you so much!

Congrats bro, killer results at your first comp! Food looks outstanding! :thumb:

Thanks a ton!

You can compete and be competitive with small cookers and pop ups. You guys did yourselfs proud and congrates.

Ron Yater

We are definitely proud of what we accomplished first time out. We had first time jitters and just in awe of the cookers and setups people had. But we just focused on what we were doing and came together as a team. Although we did have our moments where we completely fanboy'd it up with the other teams lol.

Congrats on the call, and a pretty good finish for your first time out. Although I am guilty of being part of the big RV and expensive cooker set myself, that's more about comfort and consistency. You certainly don't need that stuff to win. Best of luck at your next one!

Congrats on the call, and a pretty good finish for your first time out. Although I am guilty of being part of the big RV and expensive cooker set myself, that's more about comfort and consistency. You certainly don't need that stuff to win. Best of luck at your next one!

I wish i could have the big RV and expensive cookers! I know you don't need it to win, but man if it isn't impressive!

Great man! Congratulations! I know you've practiced a ton, Thanks for a great pictorial.

Thanks, I did practice quite a bit, and I feel it had paid off. I am going to keep practicing and maybe next time I compete I can do even better.

That is a great roll-out. Nice scoring and congrats on the 10th in brisket. All of it looked great, and you knew where you needed to get better. Outstanding

Nice post..wish we would have had a chance to meet. It was our first comp as well. We had a blast..finished 19th over all, 10 ribs, 15th brisket, 22 pork and what we thought was our best, chicken was 39th out of 43. We are now addicted and looking forward to doing more..stay in touch
Taste of Grace BBQ Team - Chris

Nice job, man! I wish I would have thought to take more pictures during kwas68 and I's first KCBS comp back in June. Sure is fun to hear your name called! Now you are hooked!

That is a great roll-out. Nice scoring and congrats on the 10th in brisket. All of it looked great, and you knew where you needed to get better. Outstanding

When all was said and done. I know I have made better bbq before than I turned in that day. Adding in the fatigue and and hard deadline makes it really tough to put out the best you are possible of and it is kind of easy to know what your mistakes are.

Outstanding job!!!

Thanks buddy!

Nice post..wish we would have had a chance to meet. It was our first comp as well. We had a blast..finished 19th over all, 10 ribs, 15th brisket, 22 pork and what we thought was our best, chicken was 39th out of 43. We are now addicted and looking forward to doing more..stay in touch
Taste of Grace BBQ Team - Chris

Great job on your first time out also Chris! We got our first taste and want more!

Nice job, man! I wish I would have thought to take more pictures during kwas68 and I's first KCBS comp back in June. Sure is fun to hear your name called! Now you are hooked!

Thanks! I actually had a bunch of friends come up. My buddy Rob's hobby is photography. He always brings out his cameras and documents everything. It was so nice to have him there because most of these shots would not of happened!

I am definitely hooked on it. The contests feed right into my competitive side. I will be doing these several times a year.

Really enjoyed the read but I cannot see a single picture at all. Wassup with that

Congrats!! Great pics and great finish on your first comp!! Turn in boxes are very impressive! Good luck on the next one cuz you know there will be a next one! LOL.

Back