french toast, spare ribs, chuck short ribs & a couple pork tenderloins

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
a lady gave the missus a loaf of homemade bread, so we decided to make it using alton brown's recipe. i followed it exactly and it turned out awesome....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4frrEw_AL8"]French Toast-Food Network - YouTube[/ame]

i made some cinnamon sugar to put on some of them and powdered sugar on the rest....

i also fired up the large big green egg and cooked a slab of spares along with a couple fresh herbed pork tenderloins and the some chuck short ribs. a few chunks of pecan mixed in with the lump.

i made some homemade potato salad and coleslaw for the sides......

we made some easter eggs for next weekend......

thanks for looking.

Some great looking grub for some good lookin' growing boys!

See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

See, now you got me thinking. I have a couple pork tenderloins I bought and I thought about butterflying them, stuffing and rolling them, and then smoking them. But those look so nice, maybe I should smoke them empty...

they turned out really good. olive oil, salt & fresh herbs overnight and i threw them on the grill with the ribs. the kids don't like the pink as much as me, so i brought them to 160 before pulling them off.

i had never cooked chuck short ribs before. they were fantastic. i used a montreal seasoning (dizzy pig) and some additional salt and pepper on them. fantastic. i'd like to get the ribs uncut if possible next time.

That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing. :thumb:

That's a good day of eating right there. I had my mother in laws potato salad yesterday, it looks exactly like yours. Those little pickle slices make the whole thing. :thumb:

those are those little mini sweet pickles. all i use are red potatos, hard boiled eggs, pickles, mayo, salt and pepper and sometimes a small squeeze of cajun mustard.

Back