Primo XL 400 Value

abangs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Can you guys help me out. What is this grill worth: It is a Primo XL 400 w/ the cart, cover, fire box divider, a 2 level grate and the pizza stones. Excellent shape. No cracks or damage of any kind. $ 800? $ 1,000? $ 1,200?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 206
That's a tough one. Where to go to find comparable sales on used pits and grills? I do some thrift store arbitrage and set prices based on eBay sold listings; however I rarely ship heavy, bulky and somewhat fragile items.

A quick search yielded 2 sold listings on eBay of used kamado grills/smokers. Unfortunately both sold for less than $150. This leads me to believe that eBay is probably not the place to go when selling a used pit.

I'm assuming you found similar thus posting here. Any other outlets with reliable sales data?

Have you priced out packing/shipping?

I hope you sell it! It looks awesome. I really want one of those but am somewhat *limited* at the moment. One day. Good luck!

If that were mine, and I were trying to sell... I'd place it on CL for $1100. That's a $1700 plus setup, correct? I'd start at $1100, and take no less then $1000.

If buying, I'd start my offer at 50% of retail. If selling, I'd set my price around 70% of retail.

Buying or selling used stuff, I think 60% of retail is a fair, nominal price for good condition, long lasting equipment. Desire to have/sell, condition above or below "good", location, etc factor into whether I settle on more or less.

I seen the same set up sell around here for $600-800. I've seen it new for $1200.

That's a tough one. Where to go to find comparable sales on used pits and grills? I do some thrift store arbitrage and set prices based on eBay sold listings; however I rarely ship heavy, bulky and somewhat fragile items.

A quick search yielded 2 sold listings on eBay of used kamado grills/smokers. Unfortunately both sold for less than $150. This leads me to believe that eBay is probably not the place to go when selling a used pit.

I'm assuming you found similar thus posting here. Any other outlets with reliable sales data?

Have you priced out packing/shipping?

I hope you sell it! It looks awesome. I really want one of those but am somewhat *limited* at the moment. One day. Good luck!

Hey the new guy seems pretty smart!

Welcome aboard rump, when your tired of making quality post stop by the wood pile.

ninja.gif

Peeps giving good advice-free too!!

Back