BBQ side: Full Load Tater Salad

Bludawg

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm always on the hunt for a good side and tater salad is a favorite( who don't like meat & taters?) Today I wanted something out of the box that was cool with a fresh taste not your Mommas tater salad but something that make your taste buds do a Happy Dance until they pass out in multiple foodgasm. This is my take on a Full Loaded Baked Tater in a salad. Based on a Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch Dressing. Ya'll need to try this!!:thumb:

Blu's Full Load Tater Salad

3 lb russet taters peeled diced to 1" and boiled until tender drained and cooled

Blu's Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4-1/3 cup Buttermilk
1 garlic clove about the size of the first joint of your thumb (pressed)
1 Tabelspoon parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons course black pepper( fresh cracked)
2 tbl fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder

add all ingredients except for the buttermilk and blend well with and whisk add butter milk to get the desired thickness( make it a little thin the taters will suck up some moisture)

1 cup chopped celery
2/3 cup grated cheese( colby jack or cheddar)
4 slices bacon cooked crisp and crumbled

Mix it all together and chill for 3 hrs to blend the flavors

Nice, I am more of a mac salad guy.

Bet it would work.

This is going to be so good!!!!

The parmesan cheese is an interesting twist that I haven't seen in a potato salad recipe. A nice counterpoint for ribs or chicken with a sweet sauce. I really like your take on potato salad and would prefer eating it warm or at room temperature, because that's how I like mine. I will give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

Hope you don't mind me sharing your recipe with some friends who love to challenge tradition.

Blu's Homemade Ranch Dressing

1 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1/4-1/3 cup Buttermilk
1 garlic clove about the size of the first joint of your thumb (pressed)
1 Tabelspoon parsley flakes
1 1/2 teaspoons course black pepper( fresh cracked)
2 tbl fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp onion powder

add all ingredients except for the buttermilk and blend well with and whisk add butter milk to get the desired thickness( make it a little thin the taters will suck up some moisture)

I'm picturing this with some loaded chili/cheese fries. My cardiologist hates you.:laugh:

Back