YAY i have a meeting with health department

LT72884

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Finally, after 3 months of a roller coster ride, i have a meeting with upper management of health department. Im excited, They are willing to work with me to help me move forward because 3 weeks ago, 3 separate food inspectors told me the same answer but it was wrong and now they called me back and appologized for it. So i set up a meeting with the big guns.

Wish me luck

Ok, to the actual question. So august 23rd, i will be setting up my awesome food tent at a car show. i will be selling stuffed crepes and some pulled pork. I will also be selling a pulled pork stuffed crepe. It is gonna be awesome!

My question is, what percent of weight of raw meat becomes cooked meat from a pork butt?

The car show will be BIG but i only need to cook pulled pork for about 75

Thanks

Roughly about 60-75% but it depends on how much renders down to how much doesn't but for me, a 20lb butt usually gives me between 12-15lbs of servable meat.

Generally, 50% yield is used for pork butts. It will be higher if it is not cooked enough. In a crepe about 3 oz all work.

On pork we use a 50% factor for yield after cook. Our actual yield is around 55% (45% loss) and the extra 5% is what we use as a "buffer" for "extras and contingencies".

50% is usually what we get. 8 pound butt yields 4 pounds finished PP

Back