Pork loin, UDS and sweet corn with a challenge (pics included)

iamuzzyhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My two UDS in action with silver smoker in background.

72808003.jpg

Another shot

72808004.jpg

Pork loin about finished on the drum
72808005.jpg

We did 40 lbs of pork loin on the drum this weekend for an anniversary celebration. It was all good! I love how easy it is to turn out good results on the drum.

Some freshly picked sweet corn

72808010.jpg

I am issuing a challenge to those of you that do sweet corn on the grill. I tried it last year once and didn't think it was nearly as good as the way we normally cook it in boiling water on the stove then served with butter, salt and pepper. Convince me with your best recipes for doing corn on the grill. I promise to try it again if you're really persuasive. This corn was picked about a half hour before the picture was taken from our garden. No stale supermarket sweet corn here!!!
:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey, whatever works, since I can not get fresh corn here, the $hit corn in shucks water soaked in the shucks and Grilled in those shucks is real farking good!

Last edited:
I usually leave the shuck on when I grill sweet corn. I try to get the hair off and pull down one side to put butter in and then wrap it back up.

I'm not big on grilled corn,but put some crab boil seasoning in the boiling water,man ol' man,it don't get no better to me!

Don't shoot me because I didn't want to believe it either, but here you go. Leave the corn in the husk, no soaking, no shucking. Pop an ear in the microwave for 2 minutes. Shuck the corn and toss it on the grill just for color and some additional flavor. The corn is done after the microwave with the kernels still having a little bite to them. I have grilled them still in the husk, grilled them shucked and wrapped in foil, and even boiled them before, but the microwave trick was fast and surprisingly good. I really didn't want to believe it would work, but it did. I just roll the ear in butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper when I eat it.

fresh corn

I do fresh corn on the grill about twice a week. I leave most ot shucks on & pull the end husks out. wrap corn in foil sealing one end & pouring a little water in the other end before sealing it . Put on your grill indirect while you are cooking something else for about 30 or 40 minuets then when you get ready for it,unwrap it pull the shucks & husks off & butter butter,salt & pepper & will have so much more flavor. And not scorched either. Try It, I have been doing this for years.

The food looks great.

As far as the corn. I eat all the ways above. Although I've never microwaved corn before I might have to give it a try.

Back