Thermapen

newpower

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok I have finally decided to put out the CASH for a thermapen. I need to know which color is really the fastest and is it possible to buy locally (Detroit metro area)? you know once you decide you want it NOW!!:laugh:

I think it is a tie with the white and the backlit blue. The backlit blue is obviously faster at night!

I'm only aware of direct order...

MY RED backlit is definitely the fastest! , but you can get the same and it I'll be pretty close to mine...

Everyone knows the Green one is the fastest...:thumb:

You can't beat "White Lightnin"" - my backlit white with silicone boot.

If you ever cook in low light conditions and the budget allows the backlit Thermapen is worth the additional cost. The light does not come on as early as I would like and does not have a manual switch, but it sure is handy when cooking at night, and fun to play with too. The backlit version is only available in red, white or blue. I have the red with the silicone boot. If the backlit is ever available in purple my red will probably be for sale. It is in perfect condition. I wanted purple but wanted backlit more.

Direct order only. You will have it in a few days.

Enjoy your new toy, er .... um, cooking tool.

Backlid red and plain white are the fastest. :becky:

Whatever you do, don't get one in Honolulu blue. All it will do is suck you in to believing it's worth paying attention to every so often but in the end you'll figure out that that it's been pretty worthless for at least the past 20 years... :wink:

I can verify this fact. Plus they are easier to find (especially if you have a few beers while cooking.)

Another vote for Orange. My orange thermapen is so fast it often is already accurately displaying the internal meat temp even before I insert it into the meat. IT'S THAT FAST!

I'm thinking something is suspect if your "white lightning" needs silicone...while it might be fast, it may not be natural.

Au contraire, mon Brethren: Mine is soooo fast, it needs silicone boot to protect your hands from bursting into flames.

The folks at Thermoworks know -they call it British RACING green - or Packer green.

Back