Check out what my mom just dropped off.

I would prefer 225 as well based on my experiences. But my equipment seems to like higher temps. I will try to keep the uds in the lower temp range but I will run the risk of a smoldering fire. I will let it do it's thing and see how long it takes.

The roast goes on at 6:45 east coast time, stay tuned.

Can't wait to see the results. Also, 225 isn't a firm/fixed temp. Even dialing down to 250 should result in even edge to edge color. If it gets done earlier than you want, you can wrap and hold it for an hour or two.

Please don't give me any more kudos to the PBC. I understand it's a great cooker but does it need to be in every thread. :)

Where's your Beer by your name??? I think the PBC would be an excellent choice for roasting/grilling/smoking that fantastic whole rib eye. I've got multiple cookers and I use all if them. And I brag on "all of them". This week alone I've used my Primo XL (ribs and wings) Tiernan SOB (mid week Chuckies) Big Green Egg-Mini (steak and sausage) and yesterday (PBC-beef ribs). Later today probably the BGE-mini for Brawts and Rib eyes. I've mention and probably photographed each cook. Therefore, I've bragged on each different cooker.

Curious nearly every thread evolves into the type cooker utilized. SF-Lang-UDS etc etc. It is just awesomely curious to me why the Haters of the PBC usually don't own or have never cooked on one.

That's cool, But I've never met a cooker I didn't like. I've never knocked anyone else's choice of cookers. And I never will ( although I do laugh at the term pellet pooper, I will own one someday)

Check my signature, I've got several choices when I cook. I would hang Mother's gifted rib eye, and she would find it amazing.

And while love is blind, hate is not- you tend to see exactly what you're looking for.

Last edited:
The BPS UDS has been purring along at 250. For BPS owners,I was able to keep it that low by opening 1/2 a hole on both slide vents, top is open all the way.
View attachment 94601
Breakfast was GOOOOOD, I was planning on making an omelet with these but they never made it off the cutting board.
View attachment 94602

Last edited:
My Goodness that looks amazing. :-D

That looks fantastic. Can't wait to see the end result. Pretty hard to mess these up (IMO) if you know the temp you want to pull it at. It'll be great.

You all are going to kick me off this forum. I checked it at the 3 hour mark and it was mid-90's, didn't go back out until hour 4 cause I was busy with the kids. 140!!!! FARK. I guess medium it is. Moral of the story- aggressive trimming drastically changes cook times. Disappointing pictures of a overcooked roast later today. fARK!

Mmmmm. Horseradish sauce sliders 😃

You all are going to kick me off this forum. I checked it at the 3 hour mark and it was mid-90's, didn't go back out until hour 4 cause I was busy with the kids. 140!!!! FARK. I guess medium it is. Moral of the story- aggressive trimming drastically changes cook times. Disappointing pictures of a overcooked roast later today. fARK!

140 definitely isn't the end of the world. Tent it in foil and let it rest, yada, yada, yada.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Unless you camera is off, that thing looks perfect.

I deliver something like that to the table and someone is disappointed, they can eat sides.

:doh:My wife just got mad at me for taking more pictures of the rib roast than our kids on Easter. I told her that I can take pictures of the kids any day but I only cook a rib roast a few times a year. Dog house here I come!:doh:

Not to start a rock throwing contest but the PBC could have that puppy cooked to perfection in guessing probably 4 hours-at most.

Ahhhh WTF, chunk rocks

PSS- hug your Mother for me. She is an angel.

^^^^ What he said Rib Roast doesn't make a difference rather it is 6Lb or 13 LB they will all cook the same.

Back