Mid-Week Smoke

93vpmod

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
The snow last Sunday kept me from smoking my Dr. Pepper brisket. My 4 yr old keeps asking about the Dr. Pepper meat, so I guess it is time.

I prepped the brisket last night along with a cranberry/orange brined turkey like the one we smoked few weeks back. The turkey was so good and on sale at the store, so I figured I would have a fall-back if the brisket is not to our liking.

On the UDS and crusing at 259 for the first hour....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 149
Moving right along!

The brisket got the shady side!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 105
pRon as it comes off!

The brisket was very good. Great flavor and plenty of smoke. The point was juicy and tender. The flat was mostly tender with a tough section on one end. It may have been the end that was not in the marinade overnight or it could have been where it was placed on the UDS with the turkey.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 58
Turkey pRon

The turkey was great! Excellent flavor, moist and nice texture. Much better and cheaper than deli slices...I can't wait for lunch tomorrow. Maybe time for a big ass sandwich???

Sorry, no plated pron...my wife fixed a plate for our four year old and went out for drinks with friends. (He ate it all!) I carved and tasted the brisket and the turkey to the point that I didn't need to make a plate.

Look-out snack time!

Back