Grill Plate by Grill Innovations

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Grill Innovations contacted me asking if I'd try out their Grill Plate. It amounts to a heavy piece of stainless used as a deflector plate on a gas grill. Their Web site says to not to use on a charcoal grill, but I can't see why not.

The bottom of the plate has a second piece of stainless slightly bent into a V shape and spot welded to the top piece. The idea seems to be that the direct heat is pushed out to the side of the deflector instead of building up underneath aiding to the convection properties.

We are using it for the first time tonight making brisket enchiladas in a pyrex dish. I'll probably make a corn bread in a metal pan to see how the different backing dishes perform.

Frankly, my gas grill gets pretty lonely and neglected. This is a good excuse to burn a little propane. Hank Hill would be proud. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• jalapenos grill innovations 014 [640x480].JPG
    jalapenos grill innovations 014 [640x480].JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 200
  • jalapenos grill innovations 011 [640x480].JPG
    jalapenos grill innovations 011 [640x480].JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 199
  • jalapenos grill innovations 019 [640x480].JPG
    jalapenos grill innovations 019 [640x480].JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 202
I'd try pancakes...

Sorta defeats the pourpose doesn't it?

On edit.
Thought it was a griddle....

It look like it built out of alumiumn. The second pic ,the welds look like alumiumn

That would probably get more use that the rotisserie on my gasser. Imagine it'll be kinda spendy being stainless steel?
The V welded to the bottom is probably to keep it from warping. I have a stainless steel perforated grill grate and it has raised edges bent 90* and that thing is warping as we speak!

It could be for anti-warping, but their marketing materials show it for convection purposes.

I have to say, it worked pretty well. Everything cooked evenly. No burning on the bottom or edges. Actual baking with quick breads, breads or cakes could be fun.

Used the grill plate for some cheesy potatoes. I kinda like this thing. Pretty even heating. I'm going to try it on my little pellet grill and see how it performs.

Attachments

• grill innovations 001 [640x480].JPG
    grill innovations 001 [640x480].JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 100
Looks good to me I wonder if I can make one from some of the plates I have?

Darn I still want a stainless one though.lol

Yup. Not stainless. Doesn't fit on a Large BGE. :cry:

Really? I told the guy I thought it would work great on an egg so he sent me one but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Yup. Not stainless. Doesn't fit on a Large BGE. :cry:

Stainless is almost an insulator. Does not pass heat nearly as well as most metals. With the construction, if it were stainless I would bet the middle stays relatively cool.

Really? I told the guy I thought it would work great on an egg so he sent me one but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Just about an inch too long for the lid to close. Ideally, it would be about 3 inches shorter for good convection.

It does dispense heat evenly.

Back