Vending brisket and ribs

Obiguns

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I have done a few events where I vended pulled pork, pulled chicken, and chicken quarters. I want to start mixing in brisket and ribs. I have a ez up shelter and tables plus my smoker. Any ideas as far as holding said meats and vending portions?? Also would it help if I set up a carving station? If so what would I need for it? Would keeping a rag in sanitizer work for wiping it down after each use? Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

All I can say is vending ribs is not a high profit adventure. Others will chime in.

Ribs tend to go quickly then everyone is waiting for more to get done. Unless you have a huge smoker, I'd make better use of your grate real estate. You can cook two pork butts in the same amount of space as 1 rack of ribs and get a lot more servings.

I haven't done it, but I always talk to others who have...first thing is you must have a huge smoker. If you can't put 3 cases on at 1 time you probably going to catch hell. Minimum would be 2 cases. Plus room for chicken and other meats. Maybe go with 2 smokers and dedicate 1 to ribs. Some guys pre cook them to speed up the onsite cooking process also. Last is you might want to integrate 1 meat at a time. There will be a learning curve for each. Plus the popularity of brisket varies by region.

Ribs vend 1/2 and full 14/26. Brisket 10 a sandwich. Slice per order brings the people in when slow, as I hand scraps out for samples. Only cook to 180/185 to get good slice. Holds all day in Cambro. Keep a couple gallons of beef stocks hot

Ribs vend 1/2 and full 14/26. Brisket 10 a sandwich. Slice per order brings the people in when slow, as I hand scraps out for samples. Only cook to 180/185 to get good slice. Holds all day in Cambro. Keep a couple gallons of beef stocks hot

I take it you are giving the slices a quick dip in the stock. And I cant say I have ever cooked to 185 and sliced it. Will have to try it soon.

I was also wondering how you did your slicing station. Stainless table with cutting board and heat lamp? I know the health dept will make sure things are on the up n up but want to make sure I head them off at the pass.

Yes, when I use hand slice, when I use meat slicer I keep chafe server next to me..when busy I slice a lot to give to the crew, I just slice and maintain their supplies..when busy we serve 1 to 2 samies per minute averaged

Back