Question for Texas Brethren - San Antonio

Swine Spectator

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Texas Brethren,

I just found out that I am going to San Antonio in a few weeks for three days. Can you recommend a couple places for Q within 30-45 min drive (1 hour max) of downtown?

David
The Swine Spectator

Two Bros. BBQ and The Granary both made the Tx monthly top 50. I would hit the Granary during lunch, as their menu is more "BBQ". It changes for dinner.
For a true BBQ experience, avoid Bill Miller (fast food BBQ chain), The County Line - gas smokers.. (great sides though! lol), Rudys BBQ near Sea World (quality has gone downhill past couple years) and please avoid any of the Dickeys BBQ.. nasty no smoke boiled BBQ taste. The Smoke House on Broadway across from the Witte Musuem is not bad, make sure you ask for bark on your brisket. Sides are eh...

A friend of mine has a food truck on weekends.. Tx style Cuisine in Lytle. About 30 - 45 min from downtown. He makes some good Q too.

Two Bros. BBQ and The Granary both made the Tx monthly top 50. I would hit the Granary during lunch, as their menu is more "BBQ". It changes for dinner.
For a true BBQ experience, avoid Bill Miller (fast food BBQ chain), The County Line - gas smokers.. (great sides though! lol), Rudys BBQ near Sea World (quality has gone downhill past couple years) and please avoid any of the Dickeys BBQ.. nasty no smoke boiled BBQ taste. The Smoke House on Broadway across from the Witte Musuem is not bad, make sure you ask for bark on your brisket. Sides are eh...

A friend of mine has a food truck on weekends.. Tx style Cuisine in Lytle. About 30 - 45 min from downtown. He makes some good Q too.

I can definetly vouch for both! There awesome! You can also develop to Lockhart which is about maybe 45 minutes to try smittys, krews, and blacks. They are all legendary bbq places! Kerville is another town you can got to. I can't remember the name of the restuarant but the owner came out in BBQ pitmasters!

I can definetly vouch for both! There awesome! You can also develop to Lockhart which is about maybe 45 minutes to try smittys, krews, and blacks. They are all legendary bbq places! Kerville is another town you can got to. I can't remember the name of the restuarant but the owner came out in BBQ pitmasters!

Translation: Smitty's, Kruetz or Black's.

If you go as far as Kerville, you may as well go on to Llano, and eat some brisket at Cooper's.

In San Antonio, your best bet is Mexican and Tex Mex. Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia is a San Antonio hot spot.

CD

Translation: Smitty's, Kruetz or Black's.

If you go as far as Kerville, you may as well go on to Llano, and eat some brisket at Cooper's.

In San Antonio, your best bet is Mexican and Tex Mex. Mi Tierra Cafe y Panaderia is a San Antonio hot spot.

CD

Hahahaj thanks for the translations frecking iPhone and it's auto correct sucks! Hhaha

Let us know when you are gonna be here and if I am Qing, I'll share some with you...

Blanco BBQ is pretty good. I would say it's the best I've had in town. How long will you be iin town?

My family picked up some Q from Grady's BBQ yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised. There are a few locations.

Csseydog is right about Mexican food being king...well, Tex-Mex. Mi Tierra is okay food, but it is worth a visit due to the surrounding marketplace.

Grady's Catfish

As much as I love BBQ, if I'm doing Grady's I love their fried catfish.

Back